• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Formula 1

Chriswagner92

Does anyone here follow Formula 1 Racing?
We are on the last 2 races of the season, the previous race was one to remember with Grosjean's car splitting in two and bursting into flames. https://youtu.be/ZQ7_En2xEm4. The race this weekend we will see Williams' George Russell fill in for Lewis Hamilton, 7 time world champion, and two F2 drivers making an F1 appearance filling in for Russell and Grosjean. Last race was awesome, this one should be epic.

Chriswagner92

that shows you the safety measure they have made for the drivers! Yes I usually follow but haven't much this year!

The Halo 100% saved his life. He went THROUGH the safety barrier in the survival cell and only got burns on his hands and ankles. I was skeptical of it at first, thinking having a bar go right down the middle of the car would block view.

Jeff Koz

I hope Fittipaldi does well filling in for Grosjean....i was never a "my brakes, my brakes" Grosjean fan. I had hoped Haas would pick up Perez...who red bull still hasn't committed yet..would be a shame if Perez sits out 2021....the biggest surprise for me in 2020 was Ferrari's fall from grace....i thought this might be Leclerc's year to be podium bound...still saddened Williams family run team is no more

Chriswagner92

I hope Fittipaldi does well filling in for Grosjean....i was never a "my brakes, my brakes" Grosjean fan. I had hoped Haas would pick up Perez...who red bull still hasn't committed yet..would be a shame if Perez sits out 2021....the biggest surprise for me in 2020 was Ferrari's fall from grace....i thought this might be Leclerc's year to be podium bound...still saddened Williams family run team is no more

I'd love to see the HAAS team do well in general, but I don't think the car is competitive enough to do p7 or better, no matter the driver. I have the practice going on now, and Russell is really impressing me, topping the leaderboard at the moment with a 54.546.
I don't know if 2021 will be a good year for Ferrari or not, but I do expect them to have a leg up in 2022 with the new cars.

Johnny Best

Went to Watkins Glen in 67 to watch a race. At that time Watkins Glen was the only place in US that had the Formula One Grand Prix. Saw Graham Hill but I don't think he won that race. He drove for Lotus.

204SignGuy

Assistant to the Regional Manager
Myself, our lead installer, our lead designer and our former lead hand (quit) are all huge fans. Most of us are Verstappen fans but our designer is a big Ferarri guy.

I'm fully expecting a podium from Russell, and likely a fastest lap. I would not be surprised at all if he beats Valterri.

204SignGuy

I'd love to see the HAAS team do well in general, but I don't think the car is competitive enough to do p7 or better, no matter the driver. I have the practice going on now, and Russell is really impressing me, topping the leaderboard at the moment with a 54.546.
I don't know if 2021 will be a good year for Ferrari or not, but I do expect them to have a leg up in 2022 with the new cars.
I'm expecting Ferarri to bounce back a little bit next season, as the slight revisions to the 2021 spec is a less downforce body, which hopefully their current framework will help them neutralize the change keeping them slightly more competitive than this season.

Chriswagner92

Myself, our lead installer, our lead designer and our former lead hand (quit) are all huge fans. Most of us are Verstappen fans but our designer is a big Ferarri guy.

I'm fully expecting a podium from Russell, and likely a fastest lap. I would not be surprised at all if he beats Valterri.
I have a fantasy league with my roommate (also one of my shop guys) and a couple of his buddies. It's been close all year, I used my 3x bonus on Bottas last race and didn't score any points with him, so I'm down 26 points in second place. It would be awesome to get a sign forum league going next season.

204SignGuy

I have a fantasy league with my roommate (also one of my shop guys) and a couple of his buddies. It's been close all year, I used my 3x bonus on Bottas last race and didn't score any points with him, so I'm down 26 points in second place. It would be awesome to get a sign forum league going next season.
Count me in! I'm sure I can round up a couple guys from the shop here to get in on it too.

Billct2

I follow it and that Bahrain race was wild, haven't seen a crash like that in years. Was amazing to see him rise out of those flames. I do find F1 boring at times, prefer things like Blancpain GT, British Touring Cars, IMSA

mfatty500

As you can tell by my avatar my heart is with Indycar, and has been since I was lil' fellar in the 60's, but I do enjoy F1 also, went to many when they were at Indy in the early to mid 2000's. Those Armco barriers need to go.

Chriswagner92

I'll be saying it for a long time, but Russell is REALLY impressing me, still topping FP2. This kid is going to do great in the future.

mfatty500

Would be awesome if Schumi's sperm is as good as he was. Kinda off topic, but open wheel legend Alex Zanardi is in about the same boat as Michael Schumacher at this time from a hand bicycle race practice earlier this summer, by hitting a truck that was on the street/road where they were training.

204SignGuy

That was a heck of a race. I was heartbroken for Russell but at the same time, it was about time for Checo. Really like Albon, but I think Perez deserves the Red Bull seat for next season.
1x6mxmhvzm361.jpg

Chriswagner92

That was a heck of a race. I was heartbroken for Russell but at the same time, it was about time for Checo. Really like Albon, but I think Perez deserves the Red Bull seat for next season.
[/QUOTE

I have never seen a Mercedes pit stop that bad. I knew we were going to see a double stack, and I hyped it up with the people I was watching with because they are always sooo... German.... when it comes to pit stops and they totally botched it.