• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fox networks SUCK!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Why is it Fox's fault again?

Fox thinks they have a great product. They want to receive more money in licensing their product. Cable company, Time Warner, does not want to pay the new price. Customers refuse to pay cable companies higher price as a would be result. Everyone want's the product, nobody wants to pay.

I can give you a better product and better service at my sign shop. If you don't like my price, good luck finding the quality of service product elsewhere. Sound a bit familiar?

The saying I like is:

Everybody wants to go to heaven ... nobody wants to die.

Techman

somewhere that congress is thinking about abolishing free TV all together?

No,, its the networks that want to be PAID more. They are saying the billions they make is not enuf. Now they want us to pay for TV.. And it looks like around 3 years there will be no more free TV. Screw em all. I'll use the radio lots more.

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Our local cbs and fox channel are owned by the Sinclair group, the same thing goes here, we have Mediacom for cable and Sinclair just offered mediacom a 8 day extention, unsure of the change...if any.

The Hawkeyes play the 5th in there bowl game.

7oaks

Gator fans would suffer irreparable harm by not seeing the game on cable television since it will be quarterback Tim Tebow’s last game for Florida.

I can't believe this statement was used in court proceedings. Irreparable harm..now that is funny.

Ken

jiarby

It's not Fox or any other networks fault, it's the cable companies fault they want to make money off of someone else work, this is just like the welfare system but only in a business world! Fox pays large sums of money to get the rights to video these event and the cable companies keep raising there rates and don't pay the companies that are doing the work or spending their money!

I believe that you are missing something....

It is the content provider

The distribution companies layout big money to build an infrastructure that delivers content to endusers. It cost alot of dough to lay a cable to every home in America... in the business they call it "the last mile". How much does it cost to launch a bunch of satellites? Lots!

FOX could have done that themselves but they didn't because it is cost prohibitive. Content providers cannot economically deliver their product. The infrastructure folks CAN because they deliver LOTS of content that attracts subscribers.

The distribution companies are not "at fault" for wanting to make a profit. They contribute the most valuable thing to the transaction.... the connection to the customer. That has value.

If Fox needs to make more money they can either cut operating expenses or increase revenue (raise ad rates). Comcast can decide what they want to carry and what they are willing to pay. They will have to decide how many subscribers they will lose (not many) and if it is worth the risk to play chicken.

My bet is that FOX backs down, renews at whatever the Cable Co will pay, and the whole thing goes away.

No matter what anyone thinks, you do not have a RIGHT to television. No one will be irreparably harmed by missing a college football game. You may be disappointed, but not harmed beyond repair.

Rodi

Television? The word is half Greek, half Latin. No good can come of it.
C. P. Scott