• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fox networks SUCK!!

Steve C.

Something to do with contract disputes. I think this happened once before
and they reached an agreement at the last minute. Probably will this time too.

XGSSDT

They are doing Similar sh** here in Iowa. The eastern Part of the state which is primarly Hawkeye Fans are due to loose Fox and one of the other major networks I believe CBS. (Those two local stations are Owned by Sinclar and they want like a 50% increase in $$$) No Bowl games, NFL Playoffs, or Superbowl. I am glad I have Satelite Dish. And I know the Satelite companies are doing real well right now switching people over.
I

signgal

my sad little box and antenna don't seem so bad now LOL Everyone can come to my place to watch the game XD

cptcorn

adad
Why is it Fox's fault again?

Fox thinks they have a great product. They want to receive more money in licensing their product. Cable company, Time Warner, does not want to pay the new price. Customers refuse to pay cable companies higher price as a would be result. Everyone want's the product, nobody wants to pay.

I can give you a better product and better service at my sign shop. If you don't like my price, good luck finding the quality of service product elsewhere. Sound a bit familiar?

jiarby

Fox & other networks are content providers. They want to get paid by distribution companies like cable networks and tv stations.

In this case Fox wants additional moolah from Time Warner.... they dont want to pay it.

It is called capitalism. This is a negotiation tactic by Fox.

DirectTV did it too... They dropped Versus (which we watch in Jult for their excellent Tour d`France coverage) over demands by Versus to get additional money. As it turns out, Versus (formerly "the Outdoor Network") was bought by Comcast, a cable company. Cable companies are not in love with providing content to satelite companies. DirectTV's contract to carry VS expired and they could not come to terms, not suprisingly... since Comcast wants VS to be an exclusive CABLE channel.

Grafix USA

TW wants to pay .30 cents per subscriber for all the Fox channels, Fox, regional sports, Fox News, Fox Business, FX, etc. and Fox wants $1.00 per subscriber for all the networks. Some single networks receive .10 cents per susbcriber for 1 channel, so I don't think Fox asking for $1.00 is too far out of line. I'm guessing they will come up with a last minute deal soon into January that will settle somewhere around .10 cents per channel, which would put it at about .70 cents per subscriber depending on how they handle the regional sports channels.

Also, there may be a last minute reprieve for the Fox network channel because it my be looked at as a "must carry" channel.

The free market at work!

Mosh

Time Warner did this with the MTV networks last year. Nothing happened and our bill stayed the same. You would still get the actual Fox channel as it is a broadcast channel. FX, Fox Sports, Fox news would go. If I had a choice I would cut the anyway.

Graphics2u

my sad little box and antenna don't seem so bad now LOL Everyone can come to my place to watch the game XD
Didn't I just read somewhere that congress is thinking about abolishing free TV all together? I'm sure I saw that recently. First they make people buy millions of convertor boxes and then they'll tell us "oh sorry those won't be anygood now, you'll have to get cable!"

Mainframe

If you have high def tv or converter box, you can probably get Fox for free over the air, I get it here free in 2 locatins

signage

It's not Fox or any other networks fault, it's the cable companies fault they want to make money off of someone else work, this is just like the welfare system but only in a business world! Fox pays large sums of money to get the rights to video these event and the cable companies keep raising there rates and don't pay the companies that are doing the work or spending their money!

HaroldDesign

Didn't I just read somewhere that congress is thinking about abolishing free TV all together? I'm sure I saw that recently. First they make people buy millions of convertor boxes and then they'll tell us "oh sorry those won't be anygood now, you'll have to get cable!"
Figures. I'll go without. When my place burned down I didn't have a TV for quite some time. It's not hard to live without!

Pat Whatley

Don't worry, Tim Tebow will cast his golden light upon the two parties and make sure that his performance is visible to the masses.

And Caleb...this is the South. There is no living without college football