• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fred- Clicking on thread links opening web pages in background...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Security scans have been run on our server as well as our databases. No infected file or malware has been detected as of now. We are still looking.

A

AnthonyG

If anyone is on a computer when it happens, please do the following:

1. Dont close the page your on or the ad
2. Right click the page background
3. Select "view page source" (should open in a new window)
4. Select all w/ ctrl+a on the view source page
5. Copy it to a notepad text file
6. Email it to Fred

As i can't get it to pop an ad for me & clicking on 100 pages, need some help, will try to track it via the page source code.

Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
AnthonyG, our tech guy has been unable to get this to happen for him. Neither is it happening for me. So it would be appreciated if it happens to you and you are on a PC, please do the following:

Right click an area on the forum page that it popped up from & select view source, copy that source code to a page in Notepad and send it to me in a txt file, thats what we've been waiting for to try & track down how its being done on the site. Send attached to an email to signs101@signs101.com. DO NOT POST IT IN THIS FORUM.

300mphGraphics

Just happened to me too using Firefox. Switched over to the new Brave browser I've been trying out and running so nice and clean!

reQ

I can confirm, happens on my android device also. Did not happen on PC & google chrome yet.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We've made some updates to software and some other stuff. Still got a few updates to do. Please report any new instances of this happening and give us a view source txt file if possible. We also has about a dozen phony registrations received earlier today which is about as many as we see in a year. All have been deleted.

It goes without saying but I will anyway: Don't click on anything in any random website tab or window that might appear.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A setting was wrong after the upgrade. Please try again.

stretch a  font.png

youre not stupid.jpg

Christian @ 2CT Media

I confirmed on Android phone and Windows 10 with Chrome, Edge, and IE11

Also don't click them, my security suite went ballistic warning of a Trojan download that was stopped.