Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free clipart.... 500 samples!

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by slappy, Apr 12, 2007.

1. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    Free clipart, i just finished downloading them all but haven't extracted all of them yet. So far very nice collections. Just figured I'd post a link to those who want some freebies:thumb:

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    yer goona be dissapointed

3. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    lol... i'm afraid to ask why... but why?

4. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    most are unusable.....like 1001freefonts.....

I havent seen one that I'd put on a sign.
    Check the terms also.

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah Slapakiss ... I posted the same link six weeks ago. You may find that thread interesting. Here's a link.

6. Tim D

Tim D Member

Nov 2, 2006
    If it seems to good to be true, it is. Nothing useful from the sample packs.

7. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

Wow...sorry Steph. Right at the top of the page it says. "You are allowed to use them, but not allowed to distribute or sell them in any way. " They mean just exactly that.

You can only use them "as educational purposes only". So solly.

8. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Not sure that's what that means.

I don't think they want you reselling the clipart. I think they are meant to be used on signs.

9. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I followed up of Fred's offer there a few weeks back. I didn't think too much of them. I deleted them all.
    Kinda useless anyway if you can't sell them.....

10. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I don't read it that way Geary. OTOH, there is no software license acceptance required at the site but it is included with each download. The relevant paragraph grants the right to use the files professionally and is quoted below.

Licensing issues aside, the real issue here is the value of your time which far outweighs the value of haphazard and disorganized accumulations of clipart acquired for free or by illegal means. When I am working I generate $75 to several hundred dollars an hour for my business. I simply cannot afford to take the extra time it would take to use the free downloads offered.

11. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

Artist's Rights Are Very Well Backed Up

I said, "You can only use them "as educational purposes only".

What that means is you can use the clipart to say, promote a design or to sort of "teach" how to put something together in design. But, selling that design without the expressed written consent of the "origninal artist" (who may outright still own all rights to the images) and/or the seller of an original piece of art......is forbidden. This is the STRICT rule of copyright law in regards to artist's rights. Believe me, as a working artist, I am completely clear on this as I have had to learn this the hard way by not only taking people to task who would've used my work unbeknown to me...but, by my own "infringing" on someone else's work in a couple of logo reproductions for signs.....many years ago. :wink:

12. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    I downloaded them back when Fred posted the original link to the site . . .

Out of the 500 images, I think I kept about 30 [SCORE!] . . . The rest were CRAP !

13. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    hehe,, i deleted teh whole bundle. They junk.