• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

friend of mine selling mutoh

so i have a buddy of mine that used to service my falcon jr.

says he upgraded to a valujet now he is willing to sell me his 48 inch mutoh prismjet for about 2,500

he says he replaced heads and it is working fine; he is about 5 hours from me so i tell him i would stop by; maybe tommorow, he says no wait for the weekend bring your computer ill set up everything and bring any banners or any digital prints you have and we will test it out

it just sounds to good to be true ;;

what do you guys think?????????????

BobbyFosson

How good of a friend?? :)

If you are going to see it in action (and it performs), may be worth the $2500.00.

Used equipment, especially printers, can be a risky (but often rewarding) venture. The parts involved in a printer are much more expensive to replace and the service work is more tedious.

Maybe you could ask him for a 90 or 120 day warranty or at least a break on his service rates if it fails within that time... ??

Any other thoughts out there?

Jackpine

QUOTE so i have a buddy of mine that used to service my falcon jr.

says he upgraded to a valujet now he is willing to sell me his 48 inch mutoh prismjet for about 2,500

A falcon jr is a 4 color 38" printer that can print a full 36". A 48 Prismjet is a Mutoh Falcon 48 6 color printer sold by Signwarehouse. I have seen falcon prints with 6 colors and I don't see that much better quality for 1/3 more ink cost. I think someone on this forum set theirs up to print 4 color. Take some files with you to printout, CMYK vectors, RGB bitmaps and CMYK vectors. A little training from your friend would be very beneficial. If it prints good ( do a noozle check and a test print) and is not beat up it would be worth $2,500. Inks and cleaning cartridges come with it? Are they OEM inks? Don't waste your time with 3rd party inks with the Falcon.

Graphics2u

Depends on how badly you want the extra width. If you already have a 38" you would only gain about 8" because if I recall those printers only print 45.7" wide. You also would have 6-Color printing. Probably not a bad price if it's in good shape. $2000 would be better. :smile: