• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

From Karen to Hero in 24 hours...nothing to do with signs

Reveal1

Growing up - my best friend's night owl (alcoholic) mom objected to the ice cream driver's bell disturbing her daytime sleep.. She took a pan and spoon and followed him bangin it. Got too close and hit him with the spoon - got sued.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I just read a story on reddit. This guy had a neighbor that worked nights, and would leave the dog outside all night while at work, barking. The redditor tried talking to the guy with no luck. So he records the dog for 8 hours. The next morning he puts the recording on his stereo and starts playing the dog barks. The neighbor comes over at noon to tell him to shut the dog off. The argument was evidently pretty short when the neighbor found out it was his dog...

Don't forget the mace!

This was the situation at my old house...dude worked nights and dogs barked all night. He wouldn't be reasoned with and we had to keep calling cops. They hate getting involved with the police so they took the dogs in at night after a few visits by them.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thought you might find it amusing that the police paid me a visit yesterday morning. Now - I'm not making this up, believe me! He said they stopped in to report me because they don't want the situation to escalate as I 'think' their dog is barking. The officer said, "What can we do to resolve this? They want to know if you would like to come over for a bonfire and be friends. They said up until now it's only been a cordial relationship and they would like to be your friend."

I almost burst out laughing and fell off my porch!

Long story short. I said, so, let me get this straight...she comes over and confronts me about a dog I haven't complained about in a year, she doesn't like the answer I gave her so she called the cops? He was shocked to hear I had a years worth of notes, emails from another officer, the dog attack, etc. I explained that even though the dog drives me crazy, I've been nothing but nice to them. I had notes on certain times I helped them like planting grass and getting 3 yards of dirt for him. I think it was clear to him what is really going on. He thanked me and said all of this will be taken into consideration if anything else comes up with their residence.

What a bunch of drama.

I declined the invite to the bonfire LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Get some city caps and plunk that dog's behind, everytime it barks. He'll get the message. Ya know what, better yet......... maybe plunk her butt everytime she walks around outside. :clapping:

WildWestDesigns

Thought you might find it amusing that the police paid me a visit yesterday morning. Now - I'm not making this up, believe me! He said they stopped in to report me because they don't want the situation to escalate as I 'think' their dog is barking. The officer said, "What can we do to resolve this? They want to know if you would like to come over for a bonfire and be friends. They said up until now it's only been a cordial relationship and they would like to be your friend."

I almost burst out laughing and fell off my porch!

Long story short. I said, so, let me get this straight...she comes over and confronts me about a dog I haven't complained about in a year, she doesn't like the answer I gave her so she called the cops? He was shocked to hear I had a years worth of notes, emails from another officer, the dog attack, etc. I explained that even though the dog drives me crazy, I've been nothing but nice to them. I had notes on certain times I helped them like planting grass and getting 3 yards of dirt for him. I think it was clear to him what is really going on. He thanked me and said all of this will be taken into consideration if anything else comes up with their residence.

What a bunch of drama.

I declined the invite to the bonfire LOL

And something like this would be precisely why I would be worried about escalation to the BB gun aspect.

This is what gets people into trouble even though they aren't the original aggressor. Doing some things may make one feel better, might make them thinking that they are being more proactive then going through the the glacial law aspect of things where it may seem to be a circle jerk.

Best thing to do is what you did, keep "receipts" on everything. It sucks when want to be proactive about things and nip things in the bud, but if 2020 has taught us anything, there are a bunch of crazies out there. No reason to think that isn't going to continue on into the future.

Val47

And something like this would be precisely why I would be worried about escalation to the BB gun aspect.

This is what gets people into trouble even though they aren't the original aggressor. Doing some things may make one feel better, might make them thinking that they are being more proactive then going through the the glacial law aspect of things where it may seem to be a circle jerk.

Best thing to do is what you did, keep "receipts" on everything. It sucks when want to be proactive about things and nip things in the bud, but if 2020 has taught us anything, there are a bunch of crazies out there. No reason to think that isn't going to continue on into the future.

o_O she already said she wouldn't resort to a BB gun or poison.

WWD, Quit your worrying.. your secluded as you have said, and don't have to deal with living right next door to someone. Yes maybe you have, but not now.

Stacy has it under control, and she will come out a hero.

WildWestDesigns

o_O she already said she wouldn't resort to a BB gun or poison.

It was less directed at her, then it was directed to those that actually made the suggestions (or the others that prefer to be a little more "aggressive" with their "solutions" then not).

....don't have to deal with living right next door to someone.

While not living right next to somebody does prevent a lot of issues, we still do get the errant people that try to cut through our fields or stop off by our creeks for a swim and do who knows what.

Also before I moved up to Yankeland, I was born and raised in Plano (6th generation, yes, I do have to get that bit of irrelevant fact in there) and I remember the shotgun toting alley way "shooter" growing up. Fun times.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I believe the only reason she called the police was to try to look like the victim and "one-up" me quick incase I call the police. I think making that first police contact in Feb 2020 was really smart on my part. It shows it bothered me but that I've been a good neighbor and put up with it.

WWD, don't worry, I have no intentions of using a BB gun. I own a business and have dealt with many renters in my day, once you figure out you can't reason with someone it's time to step away. This is from my sons bedroom window. The dog had it's leash extended to the property line which you can see the black stuff on the edge of my flower bed. The second arrow is wood, from there it's 3' of grass and 3' of flower bed (2nd pic). So the dog was tied up 9' from his window. My living room is 10' to the left and my bedroom upstairs. The gray house is mine. The fence will extend from the back property line to the downspout, about 48'. This gives privacy to both backyards and the dog won't see us if we are in the backyard...
upload_2021-4-2_7-35-56.png
upload_2021-4-2_7-44-31.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, I don't think a spite fence really works. Besides being costly, it's tough to maintain the grass and weeds. Then, there's the maintenance of the fence itself as time goes on. Plus, ya can still hear the dog. Sound will go over the fence.

I was kidding about the CB caps, but what might really help would be to get together with the other neighbors who have already sided with you, make a joint complaint and serve it to the police as a class action suit. It might sound cruel, but they'd either have to bring the animal under control or get rid of it. You get enough signatures on your petition and you'll see things fall into place. And it'll be cheaper than that fence.

Stacey K

I like making signs
The barking has not been an issue at all since she confronted me, so in my opinion the problem is solved. The dog is never outside anymore and that's a shame but it's not really my problem.

It's actually not a spite fence, I took the permit out last spring because although we were being friendly and talking, I wanted some privacy and I was irritated to look at the dog viciously bark at me every time I'm in the back yard. First the 4x4 posts were out of stock then the panels were out of stock so I couldn't do it.

The prior neighbors were never outside, these people are outside more. He works from home so he's outside every day in the summer walking around the yard. I like to read at night and drink coffee in my bra in the morning or just putz around with my flowers and it's awkward. I don't always feel like talking to people, that's why I go in my backyard to relax. There's days they talk and talk and talk and talk...and I just wanted to sit down with my vodka drink and read my book.

AND, it will create a much better back drop for my hostas that are planted! I'm looking forward to reorganizing them all and adding more LOL

I'll post pictures when it's done and I think you will agree it's an enhancement. $586 and free labor so it's not too bad.

FYI Gino: I wear a bra in public LOL!

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Me too...... and I'm not on the transgender code list.

Didn't you see it in that other thread ??

Stacey K

I like making signs
All done - I LOVE IT! Backfilled along the fence with dirt and ready to till up the yard and replant grass (had a creeping jenny problem so I killed most of the grass last summer to get rid of it).

I wish I had done it years ago, I love the privacy...

Attachments

• IMG_3036.JPEG
    IMG_3036.JPEG
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3038.JPEG
    IMG_3038.JPEG
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3039.JPEG
    IMG_3039.JPEG
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3042.JPEG
    IMG_3042.JPEG
    1.7 MB · Views: 91

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It was less directed at her, then it was directed to those that actually made the suggestions (or the others that prefer to be a little more "aggressive" with their "solutions" then not).

While not living right next to somebody does prevent a lot of issues, we still do get the errant people that try to cut through our fields or stop off by our creeks for a swim and do who knows what.

Also before I moved up to Yankeland, I was born and raised in Plano (6th generation, yes, I do have to get that bit of irrelevant fact in there) and I remember the shotgun toting alley way "shooter" growing up. Fun times.

You have to know the rules of the alleyways.... the larger vehicle has the right of way.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
All done - I LOVE IT! Backfilled along the fence with dirt and ready to till up the yard and replant grass (had a creeping jenny problem so I killed most of the grass last summer to get rid of it).

I wish I had done it years ago, I love the privacy...
Your fence looks awesome Stacy!
I got lost trying to follow the other argument. but the fence looks great.