Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Door Window Logo

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Almightees70, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Almightees70

Almightees70 New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    What is an approx. size for a standard glass door window graphic? Or better yet what sizes do some of you make them? Thanks!

Tags:
  2. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    to stay in glass, around 30-33in wide....most are around 36in wide

3. animenick65

animenick65 Very Active Member

May 18, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Most glass storefront windows are about 30" wide. It really depends on what your putting on the door. I like to make it look classy but still stand out so I try and keep logos and such under 20" wide. I try and stay simple and too the point with store hours. Give your customer the option of having the graphics reversed cut to prevent it from being picked off. You can get some pretty nice effects going by putting a logo or text on the outside with a solid color on the inside behind it. It gives it some shadow and depth.

4. TheSignShop

TheSignShop Member

May 16, 2008
    I keep mine between 20 & 23" wide to keep it looking nice and not too overpowering in the window.

5. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
    30" is usaully the size of a storefront glass door but it all has to do with what you are laying out.
    Because you have room for a 20" logo, it will look like murder putting something like "KFC" with 10 inch characters on the glass.
    You follow?

6. Almightees70

Almightees70 New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Thanks!