• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frosted Vinyl Help

Wiggum PI

There is a few air release frosted films getting around now, just so you know(Avery and Image Perfect for example).

Jillbeans

I prefer Oracal's glass etch. I like the regular and the extra frosty too.
I have used regular R-Tape Conform forever, tried the clear stuff once and it is not suitable for wet app. In fact, I'd rather have a boil on my @ss than ever use it again.
I tried Splash once too, I will stick with the RT2.

jkdbjj

I prefer Oracal's glass etch. I like the regular and the extra frosty too.
I have used regular R-Tape Conform forever, tried the clear stuff once and it is not suitable for wet app. In fact, I'd rather have a boil on my @ss than ever use it again.
I tried Splash once too, I will stick with the RT2.
Yeah the oracal has been good to me, but I never installed wet, so sounds like that is the way to go. I also have only used RT1, so the 2 version will be new, but sounds like a welcome new.

Does the RT2 from fellers come with spray bottle? Anyone know? In the mag, it looks like just a bottle.

wrapqueen

I use a 50/50 solution of water and rubbing alcohol, it evaporates much faster (also great in the cold weather) when doing full sheets (no premask) wet down the front of the etch before squeegeeing, I use a low tack 3M premask with large cut jobs and wet down the premask after squeegeeing to loosen the hold of the glue (works great)

as for what squeegee. I use a basic small blue one (not to hard not to soft but JUST RIGHT) when using premask and a large rubber one when doing sheets

you can always use off cuts and give a few ideas a try until you find something you are comfortable with, everyone has their own preference in application technique but always go with the one that suits you best

J

john1

wet apply with rapid tac 2, use r tape 4075 app tape. Spray the app tape to release the app tape from the graphic easier

EbsWeb5150

So what IS the verdict on the Frost? Are these steps confirmed.

I also have a job upcoming using window frost from Oracal.

Window Size is 46"x70" two of them. and a Door window 27"x42"

• Clean window surface with microfiber rag. To eliminate dust bumps.
• Use r tape 4075 app tape. Not the clear app tape.
• Apply wet with Rapid Tac2, squeegee hard, let dry for 20-30min, wet the transfer tape, then remove.

p.s.
how did your job turn out JKDBJJ?

Baz

i believe mactac makes a frosted glass vinyl with Bfree air release

Yep they do . I saw a sample last week from a vendor. And it is printable. My only concern about it is will little complex pieces stay in place whenever the client washes their windows.

I use the regular MacTac right now. Also use Splash. I soak the glass before i install my vinyl. So much so that i also need a drop cloth on the floor to soak up all the liquid. To remove the premask i will soak it as well and rub it in with my hand before pulling it off. Works great.

CES020

• Apply wet with Rapid Tac2, squeegee hard, let dry for 20-30min, wet the transfer tape, then remove.

p.s.

You might want to clean it with a lot more than a microfiber rag before you start. The longer you can wait to take the tape off, the better. If you can do one piece, head to the next one, and come back to the first when you are done applying, you should be in good shape. If you rush it, it can bite you.

jkdbjj

p.s.
We're waiting for the glass partitions to be installed next week. It is an office replacing those old looking carpet cubicles with glass partitions. Should look nice when it is done.

Thanks for your tips/instructions.

Marlene

what does the air release look like? with the regular vinl that does that, there are little grooves for the air to travel thru. how does this work so you don't see all the air passages?

Baz

what does the air release look like? with the regular vinl that does that, there are little grooves for the air to travel thru. how does this work so you don't see all the air passages?

I only have a 10"x8" sample of this material but if i look at the adhesive side, the chanels are very small and hardly noticeable. Plus this sample is printed and the image quality is very nice. I got my sample from a Proveer rep.