• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Funny Email i received about a logo

J

john1

"i have no money but need a logo/branding developed for a new company. Are you interested in helping with the logo?"

:ROFLMAO:

skyhigh

tell him it won't cost him any money....he can pay you in stock in the new company.:Big Laugh

I'd be curious as to who he is, and what type of business (do you know him personally?). Perhaps he can afford you, and he simply dosen't know it.

Nobody....I mean NOBODY starts up a new company with NO money. I'm guessing he dosen't have "a lot of money" for a logo......or he's a blazing idiot with a daydream of starting a business with nothing.

binki

We have a transient/crazy guy that sits on the bench in front of our store from time to time. He wants us to do business cards for him but he hasn't told us what he wants on them.

One day he called the police on us because we hadn't done his cards. I guess we were too slow in figuring out what he wants.

SignManiac

It's quite obvious he is a professional bench warmer. He might have been a pro baseball player in a previous life.

Colin

I've had: "Ya, play with it; have some fun with it."

All attempts to minimize the value.

Clear Choice

Apple got their logo this way......lol....

Yup...it worked for Apple...you could be passing up a great
opportunity...or a total waste of time.
:Big Laugh
Sometimes these people are not too connected to reality.
Find out what it is he is planning....if you get a good vibe...
it MAY be worth a try. What do you lose other than a bit
of time? There may be a bartering opportunity too.

BUT, make sure creative ownership of the art is spelled out
realll good.

Who knows?

SignosaurusRex

"i have no money but need a logo/branding developed for a new company. Are you interested in helping with the logo?"

:ROFLMAO:

Don't laugh, It works all the time for shrewd businessmen.....on both sides of the coin. Take a look at the bigger picture before you blow this guy off.

CES020

I have a regular customer that we do some unique stuff for, he came in a few weeks ago with a project for us, said it was a professional athlete. He told me the story of the guys agent calling him, asking him to give the athlete this guys custom made product for free and he'd make sure that the guy told all his friends where he got it from. A multimillionaire athlete wanted the several thousand dollar product for free.

I'm not sure what he would have "told all his friends", but I imagined it being something like this "Hey, this thing is awesome, call the guy and tell him to give you one for free and you'll tell all your friends about it too, it worked for me".

He told the guy to forget it, it wasn't going to happen. The guy ended up buying the product from him.

I don't think you have to be broke to ask for stuff for free. I think you just have to be shrewd to do it.

J

john1

lol guy is all mad when i replied it wouldn't be fair to my paying customers and this is how i feed my family and doing work for free isn't that.

Want in one hand, Sh*t in another and see which one fills up first

I should have emailed them this video for giggles http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=BYW6C44zo24

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
How about something like this. Just superimpose his business name over the top.

JB

Attachments

• man-broke-empty-pockets.jpg
    man-broke-empty-pockets.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 61

Kottwitz-Graphics

Just tell him to post up his wants on craigslist...he will get tons of "free" logos... Just make sure to tell him that in his posting to say that he is having a logo contest, and the winner will get the opportunity to brag that the logo won a contest...

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
And there is the old rule that a person values something in direct relation to what they paid for it.