• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi Jeti 3150 question

Andy D

So, you have color to color issues and head alignment issues, both easy fixes, I'll show you tomorrow what to do.

Charliekarly

I just seen your ink questions

We buy HyflexPC from Polymeric Imaging. Which a couple people have said is very aggressive for this press.. i suggested to my supervisor that we further investigate the ink. I.E. emptying the tank to make sure there isn't trash built up at the bottom of the tank and possibly even running the ink through a cheesecloth or something along the lines. Just like the prior suggestions.
And I don't remember if I was told by the technician not to use the solvent flush feature or if it was my supervisor that decided not to use it because of time, so I am a little nervous to use it in case that feature doesn't work properly. When I give the technician a call I will ask him if I can do that. (He is not the easiest to understand, which is why I often prefer this site)

Also I have been fiddling with the head voltage for some time now, and I'm not seeing any difference in the lines in my jet out test.

Andy D

I'm not familiar with your ink, so you should check with you tech first.
But when I have overspray, the only thing that fixes it is doing
a solvent flush. My method is to:
1 flush once
2.clean the outer print/head plate with a solvent soaked wipe to get the built up gunk cleaned off.
3. clean the print heads real well, with a new solvent soaked wipe .
4. flush a second time.
5. do three ink primes @ 2 seconds.
6.wipe and do a jet out.

Just to be clear, this is a solvent flush via the computer, I'm not talking about pulling the heads or anything like that.
And when you do a solvent flush you don't want the solvent sitting in your heads too long, so do your ink primes right after.

When I shut down at night, I do a ink prime and don't wipe, turn the head and and reservoir temps down to 25 and leave the printer on.
You don't want to cap the heads, just put something like a small piece of coro in front of the head box to cut down on air flow.

Andy D

also, you can just solvent flush and ink prime one head via snap
if you want to try it out on one of your worst heads.

Andy D

So getting back to your issue, there are only three test that are worth worrying about, the rest are useless.
1. Jetout
2. left - right alignment
3. color alignment

I know you know how to do a Jet out, and probably know right - left alignment, but do you know how to properly do a color alignment?
That's where most of your issues probably are.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• left right alignment.jpg
    left right alignment.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 177
  • color alignment.jpg
    color alignment.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 196

Andy D

The colors are ALL at 100%.
all of my other jet outs are beautiful except for the black i showed you and light magenta has been iffy since I got the machine.
The first sample was at 12 pass 100% Bi-Directional on coroplast. I am getting ready to leave for today so all i got a picture of was the same file at 18 pass 100% UNI-directional on max-metal. Tomorrow I will use your advice and adjust the head voltage until they line up.

I never heard back from you, hopefully you were able to resolve your issues.

I wanted to throw two more things that will help you out.

1. You should switch your best heads to Black, next best heads to cyan and magenta, and worse
heads to yellow. Yellow actually has the most pigment of all the colors and will wear out heads faster
than any other color, plus overspray isn't nearly noticeable with yellow.

2. I switched both of my Gandi printers from 6 colors to 4 colors, getting rid of light cyan and light magenta. I did this to consolidate all of my best heads.
It is easy to do and made no noticeable difference in print quality, I didn't even have to make a new print profile.

Charliekarly

Sorry I did not get back to you!

We have been really busy with the Holidays. I have not resolved the issues, I have just been kind of working around them. You posted a picture of the left/right alignment, I have never touched those numbers.. How would I know what to adjust them to? The left/right alignment in the user manual only talks about the head height being accurate. I did fiddle with the head voltages in the black, and whether I went up or down I could not notice a difference in the jet-out test lining up any better or worse. Not knowing a whole lot about this press I am too nervous to bring the voltages too high or too low.