• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gas below $3 per gallon in New Jersey, how about by you...

Locals Find!

Down to just above $3.00 right now at $3.09 don't expect that to last though as season is warming up for us. So, the stations will all raise there prices like they always do when we get the tourists rolling in.

4 months of Yankees not knowing how to drive, driving drunk before 10am, clogging up all the good restaurants and complaining about the way we do things. Oh, the joys of Florida.

OldPaint

you forgot the "blue hairs"!!!!!! little old ladies 85 years old....driving caddy's and Lincolns at 25 MPH in the LEFT LANE))))

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Reg $4.73
Prem $5.03
Diesel $5.11

It's a good thing we don't have any place to drive to here....

wayne k
guam usa

jfiscus

Rap Master
While it is down here (I paid $2.91/gal this weekend), the gas is now "winter bled" fuel here. My Civic which normally averages around 39 mpg is down to 32 mpg off of the last tank with mainly highway driving... so the price difference is basically a wash.

rjssigns

I need someone to explain why diesel only dropped a nickel while gas dropped 67 cents. I's like to see diesel drop as absolutely everything we use is transported by diesel power. Fifty or sixty cents a gallon on a 300 gallon fill up is a good chunk of change.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Reg $4.73
Prem $5.03
Diesel $5.11...

Why is it that diesel is more than premium gasoline? It's a higher fraction to distill [less volatile] than gasoline therefore it's easier to distill and there's more of it. Generally, the higher the fraction the cheaper the price. That's why you don't pay what would be the equivalent volume of gasoline for a cubic yard of asphalt. Moreover there's precious little difference between diesel and kerosine but a large price difference.

So why is diesel the most expensive fuel on the board? It didn't used to be, at one time diesel was way cheaper than gasoline. And rightly so. I bought my first diesel truck in early 2000 and ON THAT DAY, no kidding, diesel shot up to be more than premium gasoline and has never come down.

Chriswagner92

It was $3.61 for premium in NC yesterday... as for the diesel I think its because there are more diesel cars/trucks on the road today than ten years ago, so the oil companies, seeing the increased demand, jack up production and price.... that's totally 100% my opinion though and am most likely wrong.

You know you can make your own diesel for almost next to nothing (aside from the materials, equipment and time) though right?

Marlene

$3.42 at the cheapy gas places $3.49 at the other places. at one of the cheapy places, they give you an extra .05 off a gallon if you pay with debit or credit and the other gives you .03 off for paying cash. which brings it down to the lowest I've seen for a long time

rjssigns

It was $3.61 for premium in NC yesterday... as for the diesel I think its because there are more diesel cars/trucks on the road today than ten years ago, so the oil companies, seeing the increased demand, jack up production and price.... that's totally 100% my opinion though and am most likely wrong.

You know you can make your own diesel for almost next to nothing (aside from the materials, equipment and time) though right?

IMHO Oil companies see a cash cow with diesel. Think about this for a minute. Class 8 trucks on average have a 300 gallon capacity. Combine that with roughly 6 miles per gallon multiplied by all the big rigs on the road today. See where I'm goin' with this?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Around $3.22 gal.

In addition, we get money/points/rewards off from our grocery purchases which amounts to usually 30¢ a week per 30 gallons. We also have the company vehicles going through a specialty place which is well below street cost for gasoline and diesel. I haven't bought gas at a regular place in years, except once when I was in an emergency, which was not a big deal. Baz, you remember that, huh ?? :wink: