• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gas can label

MotorCityMan

Im doing some custom gas cans and I'm using oracle 3641 . I'm having trouble with them having air bubbles. Does anyone know what to use on these? Prefer unlaminated and printed on versacamm 30"

J

john1

3M IJ35C, It has air release and is cheap priced or any of the oracal air release vinyls. I would laminate due to the gas and even then it may mess it up but i don't think they make a gas retardant laminate

Last edited by a moderator:

signage

what is going to happen when gas gets splashed on them?

Also are these metal or plastic cans?

strypguy

Id give oracal 3165RA a try.

Not laminating is a no no too. Any gas on that decal will ruin it.

John

anotherdog

Just put "made in China" on the labels. then nobody will be surprised when the ink runs off or the adhesive fails.

Got to laminate. If it's a good surface any spilt gas may not get behind the label.

MotorCityMan

here is a sample pic

Attachments

• beephoto 1.jpg
    beephoto 1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 67

SignosaurusRex

Most likely your best bet for that may be Oracal 3651 RA (Rapid Air). You will double your media cost but it's good stuff for that type of application and you wont battle air trap. I use it from time to time for that type of stuff....no complaints.

OldPaint

you alway could paint em, like these.

Attachments

• cars2011 057s.jpg
    cars2011 057s.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 51
  • sinclair gascan.jpg
    sinclair gascan.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 59

OldPaint

all 3 of em. all paint. cans when given to me, was old nasty some rust. sandblasted, primed, sanded primed, sanded and top coat(all automotive paint done with air/sprayer) lettering is all hand lettered. thanks.