• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gemini lettering removal

lacey321

I installed some Gemini lettering about 2 years ago. They were renting and are now moving.
They are stud mounted and place on stucco covered foam. Gemini was no help they suggested a hack saw but no room to use it they are tight against the wall.
Anybody have any help?

CP Signs

It would cost more in labor then getting new ones. Since they are attached to the wall, they are now the landlord's responsability.

skyhigh

There is a member here on signs101 that may be able to help. If they are reading this, I hope they respond. If not, then send "Edna" a pm.

TheSnowman

I've never had a stud mount be more than I could yank out of the wall. Pad mount with silicone...that's another story.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Just depends on how exactly they were installed:

If they're just stud-mounted in E.I.F.S., then a stiff putty knife works well.

If they're stud-mounted and there's silicone on the backs of the letters, which I assume there probably is, a combination of a thin, narrow, sharp putty knife and a stiff one (for prying) should do the trick. A wire plumbers saw works well sometimes as well.

If they're pad-mounted with silicone, basically the same method as above, minus the wire saw...it usually won't get behind the pads.

Depending on how much silicone was used, there's likely going to be some fascia damage.

fmg

This is an excellent little tool that works well to prise off stud mounted letters.
I have taken many letters off different surfaces using this tool.
Acrylic letters will need a little more care.A small tool with a huge result and a very affordable price
Good luck

Attachments

• STT-55-113-2.jpg
    STT-55-113-2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 76

Techman

those gemini studs area very soft zinc screws. Get a hand operated wire saw and saw away. Those wire saw blades are actually wire coated with glue and an abrasive. Just need to remove just one stud and then you will get more slack to cut the rest..

Pat Whatley

What Techman said. Got to be careful if they're in Drivit over foam. You snatch them out you're gonna break chunks out of the Drivit.

lacey321

I have not tried to remove them not sure who I will be working for landlord or tenant but both are my clients so hard spot. The are injection mould so no way to get behind with some damage just looking for the best way to start. They were put in wit studs and silicone in the holes.

I did it once at our old shop before we moved and i used an old sleever bar (crow bar)that i had from when i was welding and just pry them out till i could pull them out it was kind of a pain but worked. I would just buy new letters and let the landlord deal with it just my opinion.