• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Generic (cheap) cutting strips?

Where or what would you use as a plotter cutting strip? It seems to me that 30 bucks plus shipping for a plastic/nylon strip is a bit much..

For Graphtec FC-8000

clever...I was thinking there is some sort of roll material that one could buy like 10 feet or more...but yes you're right..thanks your taking time out of your busy day to write that.

I just don't like buying graphtec parts in general...they wanted close to 200 for a blade holder...found a generic for $20

tbullo

Superunknown
:goodpost:The time you spend writing and reading the posts will be worth more than the $30.00 + shipping. Agree.

Techman

mcmaster carr
order 1/16 or 1/8 thick HDPE sheet depending on the thickness of your cut strip. They have various sizes..about 11 bucks. enough material to cut about 30 strips.
Cut off your piece of material and install with two sided tape.
Carefully cut that sheet the correct width using a sharp cutter blade.

Thanks Guys! Knew you wouldn't let me down like these first post smart a$$es.
:signs101::U Rock:

So for 10 bucks + shipping I can get 480 bucks worth of cutting strips to low ball you guys...lol just kidding

Last edited:

Z SIGNS

$30 does not seem like a lot of money to get a piece of equipment running like new.I would be very happy if every time something broke around here and it only cost $30 to fix it.

Bill Modzel

Are you talking about the plastic or just the tape? I bought a whole roll of teflon tape for about that much. 18 yards. It's 1/2" wide so I do have to split it first.
CS Hyde co. is the lable on the bag.

Hicalibersigns

I just don't like buying Graphtec parts in general...they wanted close to 200 for a blade holder...found a generic for $20

Sure, I get it. And a generic part for $20.00 rather than $200.00, now that makes sense. But an $11.00 part that you are going to have to cut and fit and futz around with in order to save $19.00 over a 30.00 expenditure really doesn't make sense to me. It's all about what makes good business sense.

Not trying to be a smart arse, just trying to point out that we often make decisions based on our emotions and not what makes good business sense. In the case of the blade holder, someone else has done the fiddling and futzing for you and produced a part at a lower cost. That's a win. If you want to do it yourself and that works for you then fine, but from a business perspective it doesn't quite slice up. At least not for me.

OldPaint

i love the irony here. sign maker complaining about paying $30 for a part to MAKE MONEY, and sign makers complaining about customers expecting to pay less for signs))))))