• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Genuine Roland print head

Relentless

Hello sign101 people, this forum has been so much help over the years we've been printing and we're hoping for help again. We are based in Tasmanian Australia and need to find a new genuine Roland DX4 print head for our sp300v. Thankyou so much for your time, Stickaround Signs

Torpedo

Digiprint Supplies:

Is this it?

1710948090464.png

damonCA21

Dont order from digiprint. They have a track record of sending out dead heads, and then refuse to refund for them!

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
The prices from DigiPrint are incredibly good....too good...we've had customers buy them and want us to install them and we now have people sign off on the fact that if the head is dead-on-arrival it is not a reflection of our tech's work. It has happened at least 3 times.

We've seen it happen with the heads we get directly from Roland (our cost from Roland is higher than the advertised DigiPrint pricing) but if something goes wrong, Roland doesn't hesitate to replace the head.

I'd say one of the single best attributes about Roland as a company is their unwavering support of their product and parts. We rarely have to fight with them to get a part replaced under warranty.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've been in the parts business for about 20 years so can give some insight. As MarkSnelling says, if you want a risk free experience when replacing a head, you buy it from Roland/A Roland Dealer and have a Roland tech install it. It costs more but you're covered 100%. Many people go that route and I don't blame them one bit. It's the safest option.

There are also many people who have the technical skills to install one on their own and want to save some money or they don't have a local Roland dealer so they come to sellers like us. Installing your own head saves a decent amount of money but it's inherently risky because you aren't covered for any failures. So it's up to every shop to make their own decision on how much risk they're willing to take. I can tell you that I've sold multiple 1000's of heads to this type of customer over the years.

When we became successful at this, many copycats started coming out of the woodwork looking for a quick buck. The downside to customers is our competitors aren't as upfront about the inherent risk as we are and in fact even lie to customers saying there is a "1 year head warranty" when not even Roland gives a 1 year warranty. For some reason the industry attracts crooks, so make sure you vet who you buy from first.

damonCA21

It's one of the problems with China now being open to buy directly from ( via sign in china, ali baba etc.. ). People assume that everything in china costs pennies, and it is just the greedy western companies adding massive mark ups to everything.

Chinese sellers are not buying OEM parts from Japan or from Epson and then selling them for less than half the price legitimate companies charge, but people still fall for it.

Digiprint are a different thing though. A lot of what they are doing is dubious at best, and outright fraud at worst. They mislead people to believing parts are OEM Roland, when they are cheap chinese copies. A lot of these they don't stock ( when you see 3 or 4 week lead times ) - they just order from china when a customer orders it, add a big mark up and then forward it. They also claim they have their own special line of non original parts as if they are specially made for them....