• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 2... wireless?

SolitaryT

Hi all,

Quick question for those of you who have stuck with the EDGE in their shop: I just started working at a place that manufactures all of their own archery equipment. They have a sign shop in house and sell custom made decals as well as print most of their own packaging. They have a Gerber Edge 2, and it's currently connected to a PC that's not even in the same room. I have a computer running a Roland XC-540, which has Illustrator and VersaWorks installed on it. Is there a way, short of dropping a line across the floor, to wirelessly connect this PC to the Edge? Totally curious. I haven't worked with an Edge in almost a decade, so I'm a little rusty with those sort kinds of logistics.

Thanks again, everyone!

Techman

I use the bridge method and love it. IT takes a fe minutes to set up . but its works great when done.

artofacks1

Sending information via wireless may cause undesired blank lines in your prints with the edge. I have an edge fx and on complex vector illustrations. I would get blank lines at times. Once I connected via wire. The lines went away and all the prints are solid.