• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge foil problem

jmdw

we get following error message: printing image check foil,
it stopsand we check but no problems to be found,it's not bound; can even advance material and restart butstill won't work right.
using zero nine foil. has anyone run into this before?

thanks

J Hill Designs

happens to me once in a while, usually I just open, close, and hit online and it works (old edge here)

never had it happen more than maybe twice in a row

Malkin

Make sure that the end caps are correctly rotated and seated in the take-up reels. Sometimes they pop out and can cause that error message, esp with age.

Mjozzie

If they are 100 yd foils they sometimes become "top" heavy. I've had to take out used foil and start fresh, but only happens to me on these large rolls. You can also try rolling out some foil and then rewinding. Again, sometimes rolls get to tight for clutch.

Krista66

I having this problem right now seems motor is strong can spool up foil no problem start to make different sound when it tightens on its own before warm up now it tightens again before starts to print the stops say check foil confused any fixes on this or any advise as what to try quite sure is not the motor what about the sensors please help

Billct2

This is an old thread, you may want to start a new one and give more details, like Edge version and type of foul but in the meantime ...have you tried other foils, other brands? If it happens with all foils it sounds like you have a real problem that will require a call to tech support.