• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge FX2 large deletion

solm96

Anyone ever seen this many pixels blown in a row? Or possibly something else.

Attachments

• edge.JPG
    edge.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 152

solm96

does it show up in gsplot? perhaps those 3 are accidentally set to use a different vinyl?

I dont know. Its a setup that is for sale. I thought it would be odd that there is 3" of the printhead just dead. I know usually it will just be a single pixel or so that does not print.

This leads me to think there is something else wrong and possibly just operator error.

solm96

Thanks Guys.
I guess I will have to go and try and run the machine and check it out. The owner has no idea how to run it.

Browner

My guess would be print head data cable.

There are some built in print tests in the EDGE LE and EDGE II that don't require any computers to be hooked up to the printer. There must be some way to do that with the FX.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Anytime we have had similar malfunctions, we have copied the file and pasted it into a new workspace, saved it with a new name and used that as the production file. This has always corrected the problem.

Tony Teveris

One thing you can do is once the job is setup in GspPlot save the job as a spool file with both print and cut data. If you are using the later versions of Omega (4 or 5) you can use SplView to look at the "ripped" data before printing, if SplView shows the gaps then the problem is in the software, if you print the job (which views ok) and the gaps appear then the problem is in the printer.

solm96

Well I picked up the printer and its an edge II
I did a print test (solid block) and there is still a solid block of 2" not printing.

Any chance you have any dealings with this print head data cable?

My guess would be print head data cable.

There are some built in print tests in the EDGE LE and EDGE II that don't require any computers to be hooked up to the printer. There must be some way to do that with the FX.

solm96

OK,
So I picked up the Edge II along with a GSx Plus Plotter, 50 or more rolls of foils, several rolls of vinyl, an old computer (Win-98 old), tones of software discs, and two license keys.

So my next question.
The software and keys I got with this purchase are Omega 1.56 and Graphix Advantage 6.0. This stuff is definately old and I doubt they can be used on a Win 7 computer, not to mention the old parallel cables to talk to these machines. So does anyone know if this software can be updated at a lower cost? I am also wondering what the Graphix Advantage software is for? I kind of figured that Omega could do both print and cut.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
OK,
So I picked up the Edge II along with a GSx Plus Plotter, 50 or more rolls of foils, several rolls of vinyl, an old computer (Win-98 old), tones of software discs, and two license keys.

So my next question.
The software and keys I got with this purchase are Omega 1.56 and Graphix Advantage 6.0. This stuff is definately old and I doubt they can be used on a Win 7 computer, not to mention the old parallel cables to talk to these machines. So does anyone know if this software can be updated at a lower cost? I am also wondering what the Graphix Advantage software is for? I kind of figured that Omega could do both print and cut.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Graphix Advantage is the predecessor of Omega.

solm96

I use omega 1.56 on winxp, so find ye an old yard sale comp :thumb:

Cool! I can do that.
Do you you see any advantage in the newer software. I have a larger Eco-solv printer and will just be using the Edge for small decals.

Also have you adapted any of your equipment to run on USB?

Thanks