• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge FX2 large deletion

solm96

Got another question

When I run a test print from the EdgeII with the hidden button and the machine offline, the machine goes to warming up and stays there. Then if I open the cover all the way it beeps and then I shut it and hit online it will begin to print.

Any clue what would cause this issue?

My second problem is I also seem to have an issue with the foil getting wrinkled up constantly.

Browner

When I run a test print from the EdgeII with the hidden button and the machine offline, the machine goes to warming up and stays there.

How long are you letting the EDGE warm up for before you think it's too long? On a particularly cool day here it takes a while for the EDGE to warm up for the first run. Just timed it now, and it took almost two minutes until it was ready.

My second problem is I also seem to have an issue with the foil getting wrinkled up constantly.

For the wrinkling, I'm assuming you're "slewing" the foil until it's tight.

Is it on all foils or just one (or a couple) in particular? Constant use along the top or bottom exclusively has been known to cause this. Switch it up. Sending your jobs to print "centered on vinyl" should help a bit, too.

Have you cleaned the dancer bars/make sure they have the ability to move freely?

solm96

How long are you letting the EDGE warm up for before you think it's too long? On a particularly cool day here it takes a while for the EDGE to warm up for the first run. Just timed it now, and it took almost two minutes until it was ready.

I have let it sit as long as 10 min. And it's around 65 deg.

For the wrinkling, I'm assuming you're "slewing" the foil until it's tight.

Is it on all foils or just one (or a couple) in particular? Constant use along the top or bottom exclusively has been known to cause this. Switch it up. Sending your jobs to print "centered on vinyl" should help a bit, too.

Have you cleaned the dancer bars/make sure they have the ability to move freely?

I'm thinking it may be the Dancer Bars. The don't seem to want to spin. But I am doing a test block print so the entire print area is in use except a 2" area that is not working at the moment. Hopefully this will be fixed when I get the new print head data cable.

signage

One thing I can recommend is disconnecting, one at a time, all the connectors and re-seating them!

signage

If you remove the covers you will see them, were they connect to the circuit boards. Also look and make sure none of the cables are frayed or broken at the hinge area!

solm96

If you remove the covers you will see them, were they connect to the circuit boards. Also look and make sure none of the cables are frayed or broken at the hinge area!

I have had the covers off and the ribbon cable is very hard and almost brittle where it connects to the print head. I should have a new cable by next Tuesday.