• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge question

shiver

Hello,

I purchased a Gerber Edge 2 from a sign shop and I am getting an error of ieee when I try to print. Can anyone help? I haven't registered the product yet with Gerber so I'm not able to get help.

I appreciate your help with this matter

Shiver

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
This is going to sound even dumber, but I've had restart my computer and Edge, but fixed the problem.

it's not dumb....i have the same thing...couldn't print or cut through the network, shut down both machines (not the printers/plotters), and rebooted and everything worked fine.....

shiver

We have a dongle. Running through LPT ports. I've been talking with Fred and he's been very helpful. There's a guy locally helping me with trying to figure it out, but I feel like he's being dishonest with me. Said it's probably the mother board and will cost $1200 to fix (paying him of course). Since I don't know the first thing about this machine, I'm kinda gullible right now. That's why I'm asking the experts. I'm using LPT ports, not USB.

I'm gonna try the things Fred suggested and I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Thanks everyone,
Shiver

signage

Shrive what type of LPT port do you have ecp or epp? Printer port must be ECP in order to work with the Edge 2.

Drip Dry

Said it's probably the mother board and will cost $1200 to fix (paying him of course). Since I don't know the first thing about this machine, I'm kinda gullible right now. That's why I'm asking the experts. I'm using LPT ports, not USB.

Thanks everyone,
Shiver

If your considering 1200., then maybe you should consider having Gerber fix it.
A few years ago, their deal would be to fix anything for 1800.00. I admit that that was quite a few years ago, but worth looking into. If they fix it, at least you would get some type of guarantee.

JT

Tony Teveris

If you are using Omega what version? Executing GQMGR select it's aboutbox and it should give you the version of the Warp Nine driver, should be 4,6,0,0.

Also, if you are using a USB Gerber key make sure that the SafeNet (Sentenial) driver is configured NOT to look at the parallel ports.