• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Gerber Envision Pouncing

IFO Hal

Howdy! First post here, but I've run into a snag, and hope someone out there might be able to help! I have an old Gerber Envision 750, and a customer has been getting plot patterns from me for hand-painting. I plot them out, and he hand-pounces them to transfer. I read that there is a pouncing tool and matt for this machine, but it is no longer made. Does anyone have any experience with this, and any clue where I might find one? Thanks!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
According to the owner's manual, there's a tool for that. If it's anything like the ones that are used on other manufacturer's plotters, it should work fine.
The old Gerber HS15's had a great pounce wheel feature. I'm not sure if they were ever made for the large Gerber plotters.
I think you can get them from any of the usual suppliers. I know Advantage (now Grimco) sold Gerber branded equipment, so I'd check with them first. Failing that, go to gsp.com (Gerber's website) and look for a local dealer.

IFO Hal

According to the owner's manual, there's a tool for that. If it's anything like the ones that are used on other manufacturer's plotters, it should work fine.
The old Gerber HS15's had a great pounce wheel feature. I'm not sure if they were ever made for the large Gerber plotters.
I think you can get them from any of the usual suppliers. I know Advantage (now Grimco) sold Gerber branded equipment, so I'd check with them first. Failing that, go to gsp.com (Gerber's website) and look for a local dealer.
I checked with Grimco, they called Gerber. Gerber no longer carries them!

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Oh man- that stinks. Try ebay, maybe? Even Amazon (I've been able to find all kinds of parts there that I was having no luck with).

Joe House

I think the problem is that by the time the enVision series came out, there really weren't any customers needing to pounce a pattern, so finding one second hand will be really tough as well. The older GS and HS plotters all used to come with the pounce tool as a standard part of the tool kit, they stopped that eventually too.

JoySigns

I guess Hal never got an answer to finding one. I have been and still am looking for a pounce tool for my Gerber Envisions.