• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber FX - Jamming Vinyl

JRgraphics

Punched vinyl hole problem

I've had this problem on numerous rolls of 220 and 7125. The problem is the hole punching process, it is not consistent through out the 150 ft roll. Sometime they will be fine, most of the time they are not. Here is how I deal with it.

1. Make sure the edge sprockets are clean (no adhesive residue). Check them often.

2. Clean and oil the far adjustable edge sprocket. The metal guides get dirty.

3. Prepare the holes by slewing the vinyl through the edge forward and reverse several times (elongate them). This helps the vinyl move better while printing.

4. Use the vinyl roll tension base with the Gerber vinyl roll holder. Using the tension arm and roll holder will give the vinyl the best chance of printing without problems.

5. Make sure your printing head and surrounding parts are clean.

Good luck, I've stopped sending back rolls for replacements because they are all the same. :banghead:

My best guess is the vinyl converter is not operating the hole punching machine to the manufacturers specifications. Most likely feeding the vinyl roll to fast through the hole puncher.:covereyes:

JR. :frustrated: