• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber has arrived!

Tim Aucoin

Well, the Edge FX & enVision arrived on Tuesday this week & I was "trained" yesterday :covereyes:!!
I must admit, it is a little overwhelming... as it is quite a different ballgame than using my Roland! Omega is quite the software package... It'll take me a while to get used to it. I will be doing most of my design in Illy on my Mac and importing into Omega to print, but there's still a bit of a learning curve!

Now the fun begins. Learning all the terrific things that the Gerber can do for my customers and putting my imagination to work to offer up some totally different products/solutions. Ran my first very simple decal job this morning... I was so proud!:tongue: Gotta run some sample static clings this afternoon to show a customer... so I get to use flood coat white! And man, that enVision screams, doesn't it!!! Anyhow, just wanted to share my initial excitement with everyone and say that I'm proud to be a member of "family Gerber"!!! :clapping:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
congrats on the purchases.....we got the envision a few years ago (i went from the super sprint to the envision...hoyl crap!!)...and i love it....still running an edge here....but have omega 3.0...love it all....always been a gerber shop and probably always will be....

side note: if you ever need an assist with the software, feel free to pm me....

petepaz

good luck with the gerber
and the software isn't too bad
just takes a little while to get used to using the tools

Bill Modzel

Oh Tim, If I could show you MacImprint you'd be yelling at Gerber's software team asking why the heck you even have to mess with Omega.

You'd be on a 3 hour learning curve instead of weeks of screwing around.

Bill Modzel

I'd tell you Tim but GSP is no longer listening and dropped MacImprint with Illy 10.
Still works great though. Print right out of Illustrator to my Edge. No importing or any other hinderances. Of course, it won't drive the FX now either.

Tim Aucoin

I'd tell you Tim but GSP is no longer listening and dropped MacImprint with Illy 10.
Still works great though. Print right out of Illustrator to my Edge. No importing or any other hinderances. Of course, it won't drive the FX now either.

:frustrated::banghead::frustrated::banghead: Why do companies mess with a good thing?!! I suppose it's a budget thing for them to continue supporting Illy... also I suppose it could be a licensing issue with Adobe... who knows?! Thanks anyhow Bill... I'm a pretty quick learn, and like I said, I'll be doing a lot of design in Illy and simply importing to Omega. Although... I do like to learn all I can about any software package I use, so I'll likely read the Omega book cover to cover over the next month or so.

Have a fantastic weekend! :rock-n-roll:

Tim Aucoin

Have fun!
Remember if you don't like it you can unload it on me at Gino's.
Love....Jill

You want a massage... you want Canadian beer... and now you want my enVision... I can't imagine what's next :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I will honor the belated birthday drink!

Baz

Have fun with your new toys Tim! The only thing i dont like about Gerber is it's so proprietary! But i have worked with Gerber software and equipment for 14 years and man ... Sure was a workhorse setup! Worked great day in and day out!:toasting:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Did you sniff it? I love the smell of new cars and Gerber machines....

Last edited:

trakers

Congrats on your new machine.

I actually looked at that machine before we bought the 1304.

I decided against it but I may have missed the boat.

What can it do differently than a WF printer?

UltraHIVE

i design everything in Photoshop using the vector pen tool. then open the PSD in Illustrator either to tweek minor things or just to save as an AI. then import the AI into Omega. ive gotten good enough to where i can design right in Omega just as good as in Photoshop. that can save u alot of time, its all about the user :)