• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber IVB Error Message #14

gerry810

Have used this plotter for many years in our small (run from home) sign making operation without any problem, and the odds seem to be catching up. After a few power outages (do not know if this relevant) this past Sunday, yesterday attempted to draw simple vectorized image, created in our SignLab 6 program, and it conked out with Error Message #14 "Pen lift axis unable to find its home possition due to mechanical/electrical failure." When called Gerber this morning was told the bad news that there is no longer any field service for this plotter, no parts, and no one to talk to that would know anything to assist or suggest a work-around. Shutting down and restarting still brings up error message and no ability to do anything. Using plotter controls without design software possible after pushing "escape" and getting "ready" message--but have to get back to using Signlab to cut the designs already created. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Ken Sankey

If you wish to keep using this machine against suggestions of upgrading, the Plotter Doctor in CA could assist you as they service Gerber equipment and are very good at what they do. Best of Luck.

gerry810

We would strongly consider the upgrade suggestion had we been even 10 years younger than our early 70s and planned to work for more than our anticipated few more years. As it is, we much prefer a repair if possible---or an early "forced" retirement if not. Thanks Ken for your suggestion as to "The Plotter Doctor." We'll give it a try.

Jillbeans

Just a bump in case Fred or Tony Teveris are looking.
I also have a 4B and a 4E, and would upgrade if I could, but it's highly unlikely.
Mine acted up when it was due for a new Theta belt.
Love....Jill

Marlene

have you tried sending a job that you have all ready done that you know works to see if it can do that? check that as it may be a file issue that the 4B can't handle.