• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Sabre 408

jozi

I just bought a used Sabre 408 from a friend. When I cut out anything on the left side of the material it does not cut all the way thru, but as it gets to the middle and the rignt it does. It has a brand new top. Any suggestions. Gerber told them to put a new top on it to fix it, but it didn't.

Pro Image

I don't know a thing about routers...........but it sound like the table is out of level or the router head is................

there is a multitude of issues that could cause this. since you mentioned that it has a new tabletop the first thing that i would investigate would be the installation of the tabletop. assuming that the tabletop is level the next thing i would be worried about would be possible slight damage in moving the router, i would make sure that the clearance from the bottom of the gantry to the table is exactly the same across the distance...these are the obvious things to look at with the information you have provided.

there is numerous other things to check and adjust but it would be premature and may only cause further issues to check them without addressing the simple and obvious first.

Techman

What is the gantry

Get out the users manual and read,, then read all posts you can find on the internet concerning routers.

You are way to green to be trying to cure an out of level cut.

dennis j

Has the table surface been routed to make it true to the gantry? Usually when ever the router is moved this needs to be done. If not the owners manual has instructions on how to do it.

surfacing the table is also one of the things to do but if other things are a miss this wouldn't be where i started. the reason i think it is something else is that they changed the table because it wasnt cutting correctly. no offense meant but if you dont know what the gantry is (the gantry is the part that moves across the distance of the table your x axis) you need to really begin to educate yourself regarding the parts of your router and how it works or you need to seek professional help.