• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Software

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if I'm in the correct category, but looks good to me.

We have Gerber Graphix Advantage 4.3. We use[d] it for cutting only to a 15” and 30” Gerber plotters. About a year ago our computer died and we put the software into our newer computer and found out it wouldn’t work and Gerber won’t support it anymore. We have the dongle and original invoice and all the back up needed to prove we have a legitimate program, but we lost our code number and Gerber SAYS that they don’t keep that information on file so I have to buy new software.

Rather than buying from them [Gerber] direct, my question, not because I’m cheap, but I’d rather do business here than give them more money for something they don’t deserve, is…. does anyone have a Gerber program for cutting that they are looking to sell with all the proper credentials ?? It doesn’t need any printing or fancy bells and whistles… we’re only looking for specifically a Gerber program for cutting. We probably won’t design in it or print from it, so it can be a lower end level.
:thankyou:Gino

Jillbeans

Gino, maybe it won't work even with the code # because it's a newer computer with an older program.
I have GS 6.2 on Win98 for my 4B.
I doubt I could ever switch it over to my new Dell.
I think, were I you, I would look for a good older computer at a garage sale or school auction and try using it with the GA, after rooting through all your old original boxes and stuff. I know that's where my code # is!
Love...Jill

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It won't run on anything newer than Win 98. Jill is likely correct in that the little slip of paper with the password on it is in the original box.

Your options are

• Keep an old computer around running Win 98 or older and find your password
  • find and buy a used copy of Omega which will run on anything but Vista
  • Have all your old PLT files batch converted to EPS

fastcut

I had a similar situation but with the newest Quickbooks. They told me if I didn't write down that installation code there would be NO WAY to ever retrieve it...WTF!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know we can't find the old password, so getting an old computer is pretty much out of the question. Besides, we already have several old computers. One even has Windows 3.1 on it. An old 386 converted to a P1-90.... LOL :rolleyes:

I understand about the oldness of of our software. I'm perfectly willing to buy a newer version of whatever Gerber has going presently, but used if someone has something that will run on XP Professional and someone is upgrading or just has it laying around and wants to sell it.

If not, we'll just have to break down and buy direct from Gerber. :covereyes:

:Welcome: any other offers........... ???​

Marlene

you could try calling your Gerber rep to see if they know of anyone with softare to sell. I wonder if you could buy an old version from Gerber. when they come out with new stuff, what do they do with the old stuff? seems like they would have some kicking around.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
hey try this....i had ga 6.2 running on two systems with XP.....install the software like normal...right click on the desktop icon and click on properties....from their click on the compatibility tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select windows98 from the drop down menu...apply the changes and click ok.....that should work for you...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Go and register at 4EdgeTalk.com and place a classified ad for a copy of Omega ... any version number. Omega is the successor to Graphix Advantage and will be needed to run on XP Pro.

It's unlikely that you will find a copy of the vinyl only Omega. I think it is labeled CS. Most people have the CP version. Omega is up to version 2.6 at this point. Any version above 1.5 should work for your needs.

It's doubtful that you could place an order directly with Gerber. They tend to work through their distributors. You might check their website for distributors and inquire with them as to whether or not they have an older copy of Omega available.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
And once you find those numbers...Print it and stick it to the dongle!!!
P.S. Did you ever get that drum rubber for the 30'' plotter fixed?

ridefst

You guys (girl) sure about needing an old computer?
I'm running a few copies of GA 6.21 on brand new computers with XP Pro.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And once you find those numbers...Print it and stick it to the dongle!!!
P.S. Did you ever get that drum rubber for the 30'' plotter fixed?

That's what we're in the middle of doing. Getting both of our plotters up and running smoothly and then put the [NEW] software back in and be running at full steam again. We really only need the 30" for cutting long runs and sandblast material. Looking into another printer, too. We're straining to get orders printed fast enough for our own customers, let alone wholesaling customers. Things are really taking off for us in that department.
I'll try that 4EdgeTalk.com, Fred.

signage

Gino or you could look into SignLab they read PLT files, just a thought being you don't want to support Gerber.

a+signgal

I have signlab shortcut I would sell you cheap. It is a driver to the plotter. I got it when I bought out a sign business that closed.

Lili Martineau

Artpath

Not sure if I'm in the correct category, but looks good to me.

We have Gerber Graphix Advantage 4.3. We use[d] it for cutting only to a 15” and 30” Gerber plotters. About a year ago our computer died and we put the software into our newer computer and found out it wouldn’t work and Gerber won’t support it anymore. We have the dongle and original invoice and all the back up needed to prove we have a legitimate program, but we lost our code number and Gerber SAYS that they don’t keep that information on file so I have to buy new software.

Rather than buying from them [Gerber] direct, my question, not because I’m cheap, but I’d rather do business here than give them more money for something they don’t deserve, is…. does anyone have a Gerber program for cutting that they are looking to sell with all the proper credentials ?? It doesn’t need any printing or fancy bells and whistles… we’re only looking for specifically a Gerber program for cutting. We probably won’t design in it or print from it, so it can be a lower end level.
:thankyou:Gino
Hi Gino,
This is where I got your name....I'm still looking for the ArtPath 4.3 or Graphix Advantage. That's it, do you still have this on the shelf?
Sincerely,
Lili

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hi Lili..............

Hi Gino,
This is where I got your name....I'm still looking for the ArtPath 4.3 or Graphix Advantage. That's it, do you still have this on the shelf?
Sincerely,
Lili

This is not a routing or engraving program. It's for layout, designing and sending to a Gerber plotter. When we used this, I don't remember any capabilities for routing. If you still think this will work or some of the other Gerber users know it will, I'll look around for it. Keep in mind, this thread is over 8 years old.