• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getti'n Paid!!!

Suz

Here's a short story I'm sure most of you can relate to...

I feel so smart this morning!!!
Why? Well, I almost had a problem collecting the balance on a $2,300.00 order lastnight.

After spending the entire weekend working on a rush order, I drove to meet my Customer at a local hotel they were staying at with their "group" and the Customer forgot to bring enough checks to pay the balance. Thankfully, I had a well written contract which stated 50% down, with balance due upon delivery. I'd taken the half down already when I took the order.

So, when I hear there are not enough checks, I'm thinking that the next thing they'll tell me is something like, "Do you mind if we mail you a check for the balance?" Fortunately, I'd already considered that this scenario might play out, even though my terms were clearly stated.

So, my response was.... "Oh, sorry you forgot your checks" and "Did you plan to pay from the same account you made your down payment with?" Customer says, "Yes, same account." My reply: "Then that is no problem, I can take your payment right now, I have a credit/debit card scanner with me and can use it with my phone/computer, so that will not be a problem! :rolleyes:

Glad I took the time to set that up a few weeks ago. More and more, I find people are unprepared with their payment, but seem to think I should deliver the goods anyhow.

As I was saying, I feel so smart this morning! Oh, and not so broke as I could have been this morning.

visual800

good move!It amazes me how people do not plan to pay for signage. "we didnt bring enough checks" really?

Jillbeans

Good thinking.
I can't count the number of times I've heard this excuse!
I would almost get one of those new-fangled phones just for this purpose.
Love....Jill

Suz

Good thinking.
I can't count the number of times I've heard this excuse!
I would almost get one of those new-fangled phones just for this purpose.
Love....Jill

Jill, yeppers! Get the new fangled phone, it'll pay for itself very quickly. One of the things I didn't expect to use it for was customer proofs, many times I can get artwork approved by sending a Client a screenshot of the artwork using my cell phone. I just point it at my screen and send the photo to their phone. I don't even have to schedule an in-person meeting, use my printer, or do anything fancy. When they text me back an approval, that's all documented. What a time saver that is!

We just had a credit card processing salesman in the shop this morning showing us some new hi tech gadgets that can certainly make accepting payment easier anywhere you go these days. Good for you for being on top of your game.

Pat Whatley

Made my first deposit via cell phone this evening. LOVE just taking pictures of checks and POOF...money in the bank!

Suz

kewl!!! That check picture thing is slick, ain't it? I remember Chase advertising that. Haven't used that feature yet. That would be easier when I can't get away from the shop to get to the bank with paper checks.

Made my first deposit via cell phone this evening. LOVE just taking pictures of checks and POOF...money in the bank!