• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Getting ‘ghosted’ prints

OCvinyls

2DAD5206-DE40-45A2-9FD7-BFCF2363A36A.jpeg

Hey there, I’m working with a less than a week old Roland SG 300. I’m using the testing media that it comes with. When I process prints, I’m getting a ghosted/duplicate print. It’s like it prints one copy, then overlays another copy just a mm off. Haven’t found anything that’d explain this and test prints look great. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 39FF245E-FA25-4532-B48B-5BE28DB40580.jpeg
    39FF245E-FA25-4532-B48B-5BE28DB40580.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 172

OCvinyls

Got a photo of a problem print?
A perfect test print isn't going tell us much.
It’s in the original post, the tip of an ‘A’ and in the trademark icon.

And I’ll see about testing the alignment too! Had a tech spend 4 hours configuring it, so it surprised me that it would be off like that.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it's only a week old, then have the tech come back immediately and fix it. Don't futz with it or you'll void your warranty.

If you bought a new vehicle and it didn't steer properly, you wouldn't troubleshoot it.... you'd take it right back to the dealership, unless you drove over a nail and got a flat.....:rolleyes:

OCvinyls

If it's only a week old, then have the tech come back immediately and fix it. Don't futz with it or you'll void your warranty.

If you bought a new vehicle and it didn't steer properly, you wouldn't troubleshoot it.... you'd take it right back to the dealership, unless you drove over a nail and got a flat.....:rolleyes:
True true! I just like to fix things when I see them not working right. Definitely don’t want to void the warranty though!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The Bi-Directional Alignment is an end user function so it won't void your warranty. It looks to me like whoever did the alignment in the first place just got the negative and positive number backwards.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you send a file to be printed and then CutContour, how well does the machine read that file ?? I would venture to say you might have other issues if you are not totally familiar with this machine and a tech will eventually need to come out. So, wouldn't it be better sooner, than later ?? This way, you won't be tempted to fix something, just because it's not working correctly.