• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Getting an old Camm-1 CX-24 to work

stuie01

Hey all,
So we are still using and old Roland cx24 cutter.
Have been using it for year directly off the boss' computer through usb to serial.

We've moved offices and set up a much better system now but want this to be more efficient and use all the computers.

After the move it no longer even works on the computer it used to.

Is there anyone still using an old Roland cutter?
What programs are they using with it?
And do you have more than one computer using it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Johnny Best

I use to use a program called SignPost on a MacPlus machine in the last century. But you need an old computer that takes disks to load that software.

stuie01

Hahah wow where would one even find a disk drive these days!

I'm sure there is a digital copy out there somewhere.

I'll just be using flexi, which won't be an issue at all. But my old bosses are stuck on signlab and I doubt I'll get this machine working on that again now

timgo

Graphics Designer
Hey all,
So we are still using and old Roland cx24 cutter.
Have been using it for year directly off the boss' computer through usb to serial.

We've moved offices and set up a much better system now but want this to be more efficient and use all the computers.

After the move it no longer even works on the computer it used to.

Is there anyone still using an old Roland cutter?
What programs are they using with it?
And do you have more than one computer using it?

I've send you a pm.

Hey Stuie01,

The CX series, including the CX-24, is not supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Windows 10 nor any 64-bit version of any Windows operating system. It’s strongly recommended to use a 32-bit version of Vista or Windows XP. You can access the drivers online here: CUTTING | Download | Roland DG Corporation

Now, if you do end up using Windows Vista or XP, you’ll need a USB-Parallel adapter cable (Belkin brand, model F5U002 or F5U002V1).

The most important thing to understand is that Windows will detect your USB-Parallel cable as an actual “device”. All “devices” request drivers. So, separate from the CX-24, the cable you use should include a driver. You’ll have to install the driver for the cable and that should create a port that you can assign to the CX-24.

Now, if the cable does not come with a driver, you may have to consider contacting the cable manufacturer for support with their device.

Ultimately, once the cable is setup, a new port should be added to the list of Windows ports. For example, an LPT3 port or a new USB port should be added and you can assign that new port to the driver.

If that does not happen, you’ll have to call the cable maker and request support for their product.

Finally, once you know the new port has been added, you can simply install the CX-24 driver, but you must temporarily specify LPT1 as the port that’s going to be used. This will allow the driver to install onto Windows. After the driver’s installed, you can access the driver properties and change the port assignment to the new port that was created by the cable.

You can download the driver online here: CUTTING | Download | Roland DG Corporation

You can try communicating with the cutter.

If you need cutting software, Roland can only support software originally included with the CX cutter. The stand-alone cutting software included was Roland Dr. Stika Plus. That program is freely available for download at our website here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...Technical Services/Downloads/DrStika_Plus.exe

After that’s downloaded and installed, it’s recommended to download and install the Dr. Stika updater utility from here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/Documents/departments/Technical Services/Downloads/stikap.exe

We hope using this software helps you in some way.

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp
rn

stuie01

Hey Stuie01,

The CX series, including the CX-24, is not supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Windows 10 nor any 64-bit version of any Windows operating system. It’s strongly recommended to use a 32-bit version of Vista or Windows XP. You can access the drivers online here: CUTTING | Download | Roland DG Corporation

Now, if you do end up using Windows Vista or XP, you’ll need a USB-Parallel adapter cable (Belkin brand, model F5U002 or F5U002V1).

The most important thing to understand is that Windows will detect your USB-Parallel cable as an actual “device”. All “devices” request drivers. So, separate from the CX-24, the cable you use should include a driver. You’ll have to install the driver for the cable and that should create a port that you can assign to the CX-24.

Now, if the cable does not come with a driver, you may have to consider contacting the cable manufacturer for support with their device.

Ultimately, once the cable is setup, a new port should be added to the list of Windows ports. For example, an LPT3 port or a new USB port should be added and you can assign that new port to the driver.

If that does not happen, you’ll have to call the cable maker and request support for their product.

Finally, once you know the new port has been added, you can simply install the CX-24 driver, but you must temporarily specify LPT1 as the port that’s going to be used. This will allow the driver to install onto Windows. After the driver’s installed, you can access the driver properties and change the port assignment to the new port that was created by the cable.

You can download the driver online here: CUTTING | Download | Roland DG Corporation

You can try communicating with the cutter.

If you need cutting software, Roland can only support software originally included with the CX cutter. The stand-alone cutting software included was Roland Dr. Stika Plus. That program is freely available for download at our website here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...Technical Services/Downloads/DrStika_Plus.exe

After that’s downloaded and installed, it’s recommended to download and install the Dr. Stika updater utility from here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/Documents/departments/Technical Services/Downloads/stikap.exe

We hope using this software helps you in some way.

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp
rn
Wow I did not know that about the cable, that does make sense tho.
Thank you very much, you've been a massive help.