• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting started as a hobby

gnatt66

i mostly ignore this forum. not alot to learn and definately not a lot of laughs in the new member/newbie area of 101.

there's a few things going on but mostly its typical message board behavior.

n00b bashing is normal, as virtual anonymity and post count numbers build e-muscles and give regulars clout where they hang out. nothing new here.

its important for newbs to READ and read and read before they post. if they took a couple hours to figure out how this place worked,found and used the search function atleast a little, and realized how casual/part time/basement hackers are initially treated here they wouldnt have to endure the e-wrath of the signs101 "welcoming committee" because they'd have refrained from posting questions that would excite the natives and get them all riled up.

i started in my basement a couple years ago or so with a chinese plotter and a race car to do..and now its how i make my living. And signs101 is a VERY important resource to me as are many of its very generous regular posters. its all about tact, from both sides...

Craig Sjoquist

Well he sure got alot to post about something that we all been there, done that, wore and got the T-shirt for being a new person an the block.

Many have turn it into from a ant hill to a mountain. but that's freedom in a great forum like this, hope it keeps up cause it really can bring out the best and worst.

One should always remember that sharing and being friendly with ideas, ways & means is good with your competitor and challenges you both to be better.