• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ghost Like black on edges

rgaskins

Your going to shoot me here but I have no idea, it is 68 inside...What are you using to boost the humidity? Thanks so much for the reply!!
Static is bad here, when laminating all I hear is static popping...

rgaskins

Think I have a humidifier at home, pretty good size...Soon as I leave here I'm going to Lowes to get a meter so I will know from now on...I'm thinking you are right on with this because I print wonderful in the summer...Thanks for all the info!

shoresigns

I had one material several weeks ago that was doing this. I tried all sorts of things to reduce the static, to no avail, when suddenly I realised I had the print head up the whole time. I lowered it and the overspray was gone on the next test print.

CarNate69

Your head could be misfiring and on the way out...this is very typical of heads wearing out, the test print doesn't always have to show a deflected nozzle.

rgaskins

Thanks for the replies everyone...I will try to get the humidity up in the am and see what happens...I was using IJ35C...Possible it may be a head going bad...Its been a perfect machine for years, test print looks good but if it is a print head I can't complain...

Saw Trax

If it is a static issue you can also use a mixture of 5% liquid Downy, 5% isopropyl alcohol, and the rest water in a spray bottle. A few sprays around the machine on the carpet ( if you have carpet) can help tremendously.