• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gino is missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildWestDesigns

Weird, I can see his profile here and it shows that he hasn't logged in since 9:40am Saturday.

I have to wonder if it's something about you being a moderator. Since I saw this thread yesterday, the attached is the only thing that I can see on his profile page.

Now, the little popup "mini profile" that comes up does show up, but it says that he hasn't been on since Friday.

Attachments

• Gino.png
    Gino.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 233
  • Gino2.png
    Gino2.png
    95 KB · Views: 267

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Time is probably relative to local time zone.
I don't have the capability to enforce or remove a ban, so it's possible it has been done higher up.
All I can do is clean up threads, so I'm in the same boat as most on here.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
D***y and T**d lit the fire and kept throwing gasoline on it before the fireman came and put it out... I asked one of them to stop but they were having too much fun and couldn't put the gas can down.

Maybe when the hot spots cool off, they can look up and see the arsonist and deal with them.

Last edited:

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
The whole board is supposed to be a safe space. There's rules for a reason.
Shouldn't be too hard to follow them, especially if you've been around for however many years.
Otherwise... every thread would evolve into name calling and ego stroking, and no one would actually get the answers, help, or critique they need... which is the entire point of this site.
Everything else can take a walk.

Johnny Best

I seen a post where.....If my memory serves me correct, Someone accused Gino of bullying them through private message.
Can't find the post, or Gino.
as the beetles said........1, and 1, and 1 is 3.

I don't see why people cant just ignore the people, and/or posts they don't like.

I'm beginning to think this place is run by someone at Berkeley.

Hey Mods, I have an Idea. Create a section for the ones that wear their feeling on their sleeves.
I don't know..........Call it the Safe Space, or something.

Gino is like a drunk uncle. He tells you his honest opinion, not what you want to hear.

"He one Mojo filter
He say one and one and one is three
Got to be good looking 'cause he's so hard to see"

Thanks Bubba, will be singing that song all day!

TimToad

D***y and T**d lit the fire and kept throwing gasoline on it before the fireman came and put it out... I asked one of them to stop but they were having too much fun and couldn't put the gas can down.

Maybe when the hot spots cool off, they can look up and see the arsonist and deal with them.

That is ridiculous coming from a member who used to be a target of the person in question. Didn't you once start a poll about whether the person in question should be banned?

You created the questionable thread, so if others are responsible for what the person in question posted, you are as much to blame as any of us.

Everyone is responsible for their own posts and lack of impulse control. If the rules say don't harass other members both in public and through PM, then don't do it.

Just like you're trying to inflame people right now with your comments and arsonist euphemisms, YOU are starting the fire.

As if any of us can get in another member's head and force them to post what they post.

WildWestDesigns

Gino is like a drunk uncle. He tells you his honest opinion, not what you want to hear.

This isn't exactly kosher.

There is a significant difference in being critical and saying something is good, bad, whatever for X, Y and Z reasons (still may or may not be what the person wants to hear). That's all fine and dandy.

Unfortunately some (and I'm not saying Gino was one, I'm actually thinking of another user specifically) believe that in order to be critical and tell it how it is, is more about bashing people for no logical reason other then they can and they want to.

When you add in that extra "static" even if there are good points in that post to be gleaned, they are missed, because of that extra "static" that appears to only be there to stroke the ego of the poster.

Now the thread that was closed down that a poster said that they "don't want to change people". If you don't want to change people, don't interact with people. I'm getting a little philosophical here, but when we interact with people, we change. Sometimes we dig in, sometimes we go bonkers. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it's glacially slow, but change does happen.

As to ignoring people. That's all fine and dandy, but even occasionally, there are snippets of info to actually be gleaned. Sometimes it's hard to see through all the other static that they post, but it's there. If they are on ignore, everything is missed.

If the main purpose of the post is to help people, then why add all the other static that isn't relevant? The same level "telling it like it is" can be achieved without the extra static and you have the bonus of it more then likely being "heard" since it isn't wrapped in all that other static. Also a bigger chance that the thread won't get derailed due to said static.

It's just being logical and courteous to those that are wanting to learn.

If one is tired to answering the same question daily, well you know how easy it is for people to put other people on ignore, can either do that as well or guess what, don't even post in the thread to begin with.

If one continues to do so, that's their choice and fine and dandy, but run the risk of getting called out for it, just like they believe that they are calling out other people and telling it like it is.

Johnny Best

First it was Bubba with the Beatles song "Come Together" now its Toad with Billy Joel in "We didn't start the fire".

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Had to take you off ignore because a little birdie tipped me off.

TimToad on Friday: "When it comes to dragging up stuff about another poster, the dude's memory is incredible."

That is ridiculous coming from a member who used to be a target of the person in question. Didn't you once start a poll about whether the person in question should be banned?

Yes, and it was wrong and childish to run around setting fires. I stopped provoking him and guess what? Have you seen us get into it since? Funny how that happened, you guys may want to give it a shot.

You created the questionable thread, so if others are responsible for what the person in question posted, you are as much to blame as any of us.

I created it because people were complaining about how awful this place was and how serious action needs to be taken. This place is NOT awful and actually quite normal. As with other forums, we just have some arsonists causing damage and everyone is watching the fire instead of the one's holding the matches.

Just like you're trying to inflame people right now with your comments and arsonist euphemisms, YOU are starting the fire.

You guys claim to be calling out bullies and standing up for the little guy... Do you mind if I do the same?

As if any of us can get in another member's head and force them to post what they post.

Seriously??

Last edited:

billsines

Yeah Gino tried to push me around in a private message. He also tried to push me around in the forum. It seemed like it got better for awhile, but he was always with the passive aggressive insults. Place will probably be much better without that 'tude here.

Status
Not open for further replies.