• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glue Nightmare

Zazzess

Hi ! :signs101: :peace!:

As you maybe seen on my threads I'm in a world where I have to fight to have the tools and help I need to have a great working condition and make a great job.

So I have the pleasure of making a lot of errors while doing my work and its ok for my boss...

So! I put a vinyl on sintra and I had to remove it with bare hands, it was a big piece of cake ... just kidding
Now what do I do with the glue that remained on the sintra?
I tried terand safety solvant but it wasn't really helpful... and too dangerous for the picture that is still on...

I have to rest the vinyl without error this time. this is how I proceeded last time...

here is a picture as an example

the picture is cut in half and I have to make it fit ...

I made a vertical hinge to make sure that the picture works, then I apply the vinyl very slowly because there is a large margin of error ....

then ... What do you think?

Am I off the mark? can I improve my work condition?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 75

MikePro

Now what do I do with the glue that remained on the sintra?
adhesive remover.

I mainly use RapidRemover, but we also stock "Cut-Thru" in aerosol cans.
"Goo Gone" also works.

basically any adhesive remover should work.

MikePro

if you don't have adhesive remover readily handy.... sometimes a quick fix is to use duct tape or aggressive masking tape and "dab" at the adhesive with the sticky side.

You should be able to pick the adhesive right off the sintra with tape, little by little.

Zazzess

Thank you so much for your support

adhesive remover.

I mainly use RapidRemover, but we also stock "Cut-Thru" in aerosol cans.
"Goo Gone" also works.

basically any adhesive remover should work.

:thumb: Thanks for helping me :thumb:

Zazzess

okay well...

windex does nothing on this :S

solvant works well but even if I cover the picture or the solvant bottle there is always a drop that makes me pray god...

and now I think I am a little stone :p

Zazzess

with my 64''/34'' surface it would take the month... but it is another trick that could work well on a small surface thanks :D

J Hill Designs

taking adhesive off of a soft plastic is tough - especially if its solvent adhesive - anything that will cut through the adhesive will most likely soften/warp/marr the PVC