• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glue Nightmare

yes, becarefull not to mark/destroy the pvc by using the adhesive remover to much or even with to much pressure, you can soften/warp the pvc as jhill says.

Zazzess

what about my technic to apply the whole thing...
is it okay ? is there something better to do ?

Thanks again everyone I SO appreciate :)

X

MikePro

i say still salvageable via adhesive remover. I think they're citrus-based, so you might be able to try scrubbing with lemon juice if you can't get your hands on the chemical.

Zazzess

what about my technic to apply the whole thing...
is it okay ? is there something better to do ?

Thanks again everyone I SO appreciate :)

X

Zazzess

is there a way to take the vinyl off easily ?
what I do is I pull the harder I can and cut piece by piece until it's finish...
it hurts doing it like that... :shy:

if removing the vinyl, use some low heat, it helps alot when removing. as far as appling the vinyl, using the hinge method as you do is great.

OhioSignShop

your going to spend a lot more time (waste more time) trying to "fix" this than it would take to do it all over correctly. Make a clean start.

Zazzess

your going to spend a lot more time (waste more time) trying to "fix" this than it would take to do it all over correctly. Make a clean start.

I think you are right.
But I'm sad to tell that I don't have what I need to get a clean start without wasting more time on this...

What I would need: more sintras, the right cleaning/removal products, a heater, ... lemon juice lol...

MikePro

what if you didn't remove anything?

...and just covered your error'd side with black vinyl to hide what you've done, and apply a new graphic to the other side of the panel?

skip the lemon juice if you don't have it handy, get real adhesive remover if you're making a shopping list :)
you can sub. a hair dryer for the heater as well.

Zazzess

what if you didn't remove anything?

...and just covered your error'd side with black vinyl to hide what you've done, and apply a new graphic to the other side of the panel?

I so like this idea !! Lets see if it's reasonable...

:goodpost: :thankyou: