• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Goin' Camping!!

Patrick46

I think I'd like to add this...

The MAIN reason I pull a camper behind my motorcycle, is for my wife's comfort. Sure, I do enjoy not sleeping on the ground...but if I go by myself, I travel very light.
"If Momma's happy, then EVERYBODY's happy! And because of this blessed little trailer...my wife is more than happy to go camping....which are the 2 things I love most!

Back when we bought out motorhome, it came with the full TV hook-ups...which I promptly ripped outta the thing. My kids were livid!!! "What do we do if it rains or something???" "We pull out the Monopoly board", I said. "This is for us to 'get away from everything...not to take it along" .............and it worked out great!!!

Tim Aucoin

the last time I went camping was a couple of years back in York Maine. our camp site bordered a wild animal park (something I didn't know at the time) so our first night around the camp fire, the noises that were coming from the woods were really scary. my hubby asked "what horror movie is that sound from?" not the question you want to hear in the dark!!! the next day, we heard something even more horrifying, music, really bad music, coming from off in the distance. being idiots, we followed the sound to find an Elvis impersonator signing in the town square (it was the 4th of July celebration). he sang for two hours with no break but what made it really odd was he wasn't singing Elvis songs, he sang stuff from the Beatles and the Monkies. awww, the fun of camping!!!

It's stories like this that help me justify bringing along a real good sling shot!! :omg::omg: :ROFLMAO:

Tim Aucoin

The camper is in the first pic at the left and in the last pic in the background is my son's Burro.
First one was up at my uncle's in Lisbon PA the other two are in Freeport PA both along the Allegheny.
(pix are crappy)
That's my daughter and our little cousin Peyton in the first pic, then my daughter and her dog, then my son and his pal Tyler.
Their aprons had extra bits attached underneath.
I am also a creature comfort person and prefer a hot tub room.

Is that your quad? Looks like a beautiful place! Man, they all look so relaxed and happy! Can't wait for our first trip... Is your daughter's dog a little pug? Do I dare ask what you mean by "extra bits"?? :rolleyes:

GypsyGraphics

I can camp... sleep in a tent, in a bag or in the dirt. No electricity, no running water... no problem. But I've been cooking and cleaning for a house full of guys for a whole lota years... so when i'm on vacation... it ain't happening.

Let me know when campgrounds have a concierge section.

Tim Aucoin

I can camp... sleep in a tent, in a bag or in the dirt. No electricity, no running water... no problem. But I've been cooking and cleaning for a house full of guys for a whole lota years... so when i'm on vacation... it ain't happening.

Let me know when campgrounds have a concierge section.

You know, I have to agree with you here! Since Wendy & I got married (7 years ago now), we've taken many vacations together. We cruise an average of 3 times per year (we actually met on a cruise!), and we have a time share in Fairmont, British Columbia where the accommodations are quite luxurious... and we spend 2 weeks a year there (or at one of the resorts it owns in mainland US or Hawaii). So, when I stop to think about it... :rolleyes: we're now going to haul a trailer to some place in the woods/mountains, sit around a campfire, take walks with the dogs, hang out with friends, play some games around the picnic table, cook our food on a coleman stove or over the campfire, then pack up everything only to do it again in another week or so. Is this a step backwards? :omg: Somehow I think camping (although not as luxurious as a cruise) will be more relaxing than any cruise or time share vacation we've ever taken!!:rolleyes:

GypsyGraphics

Somehow I think camping (although not as luxurious as a cruise) will be more relaxing than any cruise or time share vacation we've ever taken!!:rolleyes:

Relaxing beats Luxury... hands down! unless i have to cook and clean-up afterward

I really need to teach my boys (16, 21 & 23) to cook,
so every day can be a vacation!