• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going on vacation...what do I do with my printer?

Signsforwhile

I will be closed for a week and a half while I'm on vacation (my honeymoon to be exact) what do I do with my valuejet? I have 4 cleaning solution cartridges.....do i pop those in and let it run the ink out of the lines? If the lines have the cleaning solution in them will they clog? Or is that how I'm supposed to leave it?

Jackpine

I would do a head wash. The lines won't clog. When you get back, do an ink fill and back to work. I have done this with my falcon when I would be gone for a few days.
Congratulations on your marriage!

GK

dont turn it off, give it a good cleaning before you leave though that way any excess ink wont dry up on you. As long as the machine is on the ink lines will be fine.

Gene@mpls

Don't ValueJets have a self cleaning function? On my VersaCamm it goes to
sleep (power button blinks) and comes awake once a day to clean the heads.
I have left it for a couple of weeks at a time and did not even have to do a
head clean to start printing again. I use Triangle inks by the by. Gene

Signsforwhile

I dont think they have a self cleaning function......if it needs cleaning it will do so before starting a print....but never on its own.

randya

I will be closed for a week and a half while I'm on vacation (my honeymoon to be exact) what do I do with my valuejet? I have 4 cleaning solution cartridges.....do i pop those in and let it run the ink out of the lines? If the lines have the cleaning solution in them will they clog? Or is that how I'm supposed to leave it?

What does your dealer say?

Case

The Valuejet has a self cleaning function. From the factory it comes set to where it will clean itself every 6 hours. (You can also change this as well I believe). Just leave the printer on and let it do its work.

That doesn't mean when you are in shop to skip your daily maintenance(cleaning the wiper, sponges, etc)...

But for going away for a week and a half and leaving the machine on, then I'm sure you will perfectly fine.

You may need to do a cleaning or 2 when you get back... Maybe not... Run a nozzle check and see instead of assuming and wasting ink right away.

Case

signage

If you choose to leave it on while you are gone you would want someone to go by and check to make sure that everything is OK!

ChicagoGraphics

What if.......You have a power outage? Wouldn't It be much easier and a piece of mind If you just cleaned the inks out and refilled them when you get back from your holidays??

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Last spring I was away for 12 days. Letting the printer sit that long concerned me but the first print out of the machine when I returned was perfect. VersaCamm with Max inks.

os101king

valuejet too. spent a week in FL back in May. came back, powered up and printed with no issues.

blow this pop stand. everybody needs a vacation.