• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold Color on Vinyl

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Another question for you Edge owners...... if the Edge only prints 11.7".... can't you still put a piece of vinyl through at 12".... because the printing doesn't go to the edge, if you printed a gold foil onto a brownish vinyl ??

Yes the cut size can generally go out to 12.5" or more. I could print shiny gold medal foil on brown vinyl because it is totally opaque (assuming I have brown vinyl on my racks). Any other gold foil would require a spot white base coat which is a pain in the butt. Generally I think in terms of always printing the darker color on the lighter color. So, if I had to do a 12" x 18" I would do it with a .125" gold border all around. I also love the look of transparent brown on gold metallic. You end up with a brown metallic look that's very rich looking.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, Quick question. Do you have a piece of brown vinyl that you could print the Gold onto using the Edge?

The artwork is only 11.50w x 17.50h inches the brown background is the part that is 12"w x 18"h

Yes, I have a roll of 3M/220 Deep Mahogany Brown.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Its a one off sign and we dont have any gold vinyl in stock and can't get it here in time. This is a rush job for a client that another shop in town screwed up.

You don't need gold vinyl. Just print yellow on silver vinyl. It works better than trying to print on gold since the silver is far far closer to having something resembling a white point.

Locals Find!

Fred's edge print arrived today. I just finished applying it to the aluminum. Wet install like Fred Suggested. Letting it dry now.

Thanks so much Fred for coming through for me. I loved the price and the speed. I will definitely be ordering some additional prints in the future.

I have some great ideas I would love to try out using your edge.