• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold rush!! repeats

Pat Whatley

My prediction for this season is that somebody finally gets tired of Jack telling them how rich they're going to be and they feed him to the bears. Todd will go along with it because he doesn't want to cause any trouble.

formanek

I love the show but can't stand a lot of things about it. One of them is how Jack talks out of the side of his mouth. AND............. let's have a meeting.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I liked the bucket of gold the big mine manager showed Todd when he went there for advice on test drilling.

ProWraps

right fred? i mean come on! is this going to be the saddest end of a series we have ever seen or is it going to lead into a 3rd.

lets get it straight. im starting to see a deffinitive trend here on these series.

commercials are getting longer (probably cause of dvrs), plots are only in the first minute of the next episode, scripting is getting more obvious.

i think reality tv has officially jumped the shark.

im about to feel a backlash. by the masses.

10sacer

Much like there SHOULD be a test before anyone can become a parent... there should also be a test to see if you know what you are doing before spending thousands of dollars on equipment you have no clue how to run and headin off to big bear country to find your fortune. This can get you killed in any number of ways.

I love how they got booted out of the first mine and found this second place and just walked around and said that the gold was just 8 feet under the surface. Alaska is a big place... do they think the entire state is gold plated under the dirt?

SignManiac

I see another potential new reality show coming in the future on getting rich over night in the sign business. Starts with a salesman telling a guy with his lifes savings to invest, that he can buy a printer and become rich selling wraps to every business in the country. No experience required, just push a button and wham, $4k in your pocket for two days work! The show films the adventure beginning with a new printer arriving at the guys front door, only to realize they need a crane to get it upstairs through a second story window.

The crane breaks down and now the new guy is in a panic, his wife is crying because now they have to cut a hole in the house because the window is too small for the crate to go through. Now the engineer is called in to see if the structure is sound enough to support the weight of the new printer.

After a week of setting up, and not one sellable print, the tech finally gets the machine up and running. Now the new owner is happy and can see dollar signs flying everywhere. But then it happens... The guy finds out his antique 386 pc isn't up to the task. Now everyone is scrambling to try and find a computer late at night. Too late, all the Best Buys are closed already, it's another sleepless night worrying about the future of this family.

The stress is building, the wife is threatening to leave her husband and take the dog and kids. It's getting ugly. The poor guy is down to his last dime and is now panicking. But Discovery tells him not to worry, ratings are up and there's enough money in the budget for ten more episodes. Relieved, they overcome a few problems and finally print their first sticker. Now he dares to dream, imagine if he can sell 100 stickers?? Oh the wealth to be had.

So, who wants to take this edge of your seat idea to the producers???? I can see a big payday on the horizon for somebody!

Feel free to add your ideas to this scenario!!!

signage

He sells his first wrap and is three weeks late in getting the printing done, another week and a half installing. Two weeks later the customer comes back with all white vinyl. The print has failed because the sales man sold him an Aqueous printer without a laminator.

copythat

Lmao

I see another potential new reality show coming in the future on getting rich over night in the sign business. Starts with a salesman telling a guy with his lifes savings to invest, that he can buy a printer and become rich selling wraps to every business in the country. No experience required, just push a button and wham, $4k in your pocket for two days work! The show films the adventure beginning with a new printer arriving at the guys front door, only to realize they need a crane to get it upstairs through a second story window.

The crane breaks down and now the new guy is in a panic, his wife is crying because now they have to cut a hole in the house because the window is too small for the crate to go through. Now the engineer is called in to see if the structure is sound enough to support the weight of the new printer.

After a week of setting up, and not one sellable print, the tech finally gets the machine up and running. Now the new owner is happy and can see dollar signs flying everywhere. But then it happens... The guy finds out his antique 386 pc isn't up to the task. Now everyone is scrambling to try and find a computer late at night. Too late, all the Best Buys are closed already, it's another sleepless night worrying about the future of this family.

The stress is building, the wife is threatening to leave her husband and take the dog and kids. It's getting ugly. The poor guy is down to his last dime and is now panicking. But Discovery tells him not to worry, ratings are up and there's enough money in the budget for ten more episodes. Relieved, they overcome a few problems and finally print their first sticker. Now he dares to dream, imagine if he can sell 100 stickers?? Oh the wealth to be had.

So, who wants to take this edge of your seat idea to the producers???? I can see a big payday on the horizon for somebody!

I was imaging all of it as I was reading. You miss your calling!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stealth Ryder

Other than Parker they are ALL portrayed as complete idiots, especially for believing and following Todd and his mentally challenged father... Fred has got to be the most miserable person on earth based on the way he is portrayed. Really sad it is all acting and this bunch can be bought out to look like fools to the rest of the world...