• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Golden Eagle snatches kid.

ucmj22

they did a really good job with the pick up part of this scene. if I were going on that alone, I might believe it, but at the 3 second mark the eagles right wing goes transparent, and when he swoops down below the tree line, it just doesnt look right. it is entirely plausible that this could happen however. a golden eagle is a massive bird of prey and routinely hunts medium sized game such as fox. They have even been trained in pairs and used to hunt adult wolves.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I apologize for posting what turned out to be a fake video.

A couple of years ago HBO RealSports had a segment on using eagles to hunt deer. After seeing that segment, what was depicted in the video is entirely possible.

genericname

we saw it too & thought it was a fake also.. then stumbled on this......

http://youtu.be/Yz7FFlFy8eM

Plausible? better call the mythbusters!!

Crazy, I was just about to post that same link.

That's what makes it so believable, though it is still fake, and being called as such in numerous areas. There's the transparent wing issue, the fact that the kid slips from its grip (they can grip with up to 15 times as much force as the human hand), a few frames where the child seems to be floating after being let go, and the fact that the kid is still on the ground after the incident. Any parent would be clutching that kid as tightly as possible.

C

ColoPrinthead

according to my FB feed it was made by students at Centre NAD (I have no clue) who were are in the bachelors program for 3D animation.

John Butto

Cnn

according to my FB feed it was made by students at Centre NAD (I have no clue) who were are in the bachelors program for 3D animation.
The Canadian digital-media school where the video was created issued a statement Wednesday afternoon clarifying the clip as a hoax and naming the students involved. However the school, Centre NAD, was unapologetic about its prank, even pointing viewers to another hoax video, created by students, of an unlikely penguin escape.