• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Golden Eagle snatches kid.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hoax. Just a few minutes ago there was an item on one of the interchangeable morning shows featuring the people that created it and just how it was created.

Even without that, a male eagle can only lift maybe 1.5 lbs, a female 2.5 - 3 lbs. Then only with a headwind and for short distances.

Stories of eagles carrying off babies, sheep, dogs, cats, whatever, are fiction. All of them.

ucmj22

Hoax. Just a few minutes ago there was an item on one of the interchangeable morning shows featuring the people that created it and just how it was created.

Even without that, a male eagle can only lift maybe 1.5 lbs, a female 2.5 - 3 lbs. Then only with a headwind and for short distances.

Stories of eagles carrying off babies, sheep, dogs, cats, whatever, are fiction. All of them.

I agree that this is a hoax as stated yesterday, however;
check the link in post 14 at the 5 minute mark an eagle carries what appears to be roughly 20-30lb goatling down the face of a cliff, granted it probably could not ascend carrying that load, but a large enough eagle could feasibly lift a 20lb toddler a couple feet. It would have to be a pretty big eagle though considering the average golden eagle female is about 15 lbs.

John Butto

Aussies

What about Dingoes killing babies?