• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good Deal?

myronb

We need a new design/rip station. The one we have is maxed out at 1GB memory & obviously that ain't cutting it! I'm looking at spending about a grand. (I know I need to spend more, but that's what is in the budget!) Does this look like a good deal?

Note: Tigerdirect has Memory for $49 a gig....I'm going to get 4 gigs from them.

Thanks,
Myron

Attachments

• computer.jpg
    computer.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 155

myronb

I don't know alot about the technical crap about computers anymore. I was just thinking that if it holds 4 gigs, then I'll put 4 gigs in it? Do you have any recomendations, Techman?

DRPSignsNGrafix

Vista will not run Flexi and other programs as well. THere is nothing but problems with them and Windows Vista. That's why you want XP

player

xp will read between 3.2 and 3.5 gigs. I put in 4 so I could get the extra 200-500 megs as well as matching them up. 48 bucks more.

There are LCD monitors that don't change color as you move your head. I have 2 LCD's and find this to be a problem.

The HP Media Centre PC's are good because they are ready for graphics and storage of large video files. Lots of extras. I never find the Dells to be a fantastic value. Good but not that super deal you want.

Also get dual monitor support. I bet your video is on-board. Not the best, sometimes it uses ram and the processor. I just upgraded to an Asus 8500GT for $140 Canadian.

You are not getting any bells or whistles for sure. The processor is on the low end as well. Check Best Buy for the HP Media Centre PC's. Referb HPs are a good deal as well.
Mine came with 125 in one card reader, HP removable hard drive bay, plus lots of video and audio plugs, and a remote control.

P

Flame

I got 400GB of hard drive and 2GB of RAM, 22" flatscreen, built to my specifications, with all the cables, USB hubs, adapters, network hubs etc. for about 1K through Tiger Direct. I'm super stoked with it.