• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good morning...from Texas

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm sure it's not what you had in mind when they told you about global warming... ;)

BTW, although I've had 4WD for many years now, I always felt more confident using a FWD in the snow and we have lots over here; grass is white from December to April. "Oh what fun it is to ride in a ..."
I have RWD only and it's not a problem. It's all about the tires being good or trash for the weather.

neutrinocv

I have RWD only and it's not a problem. It's all about the tires being good or trash for the weather.
Absolutely ! Just like going to war with a Swiss Army knife... It never fails; every year, at the first major snowfall, most cars you will see in the ditch are AWD's and 4WD's as drivers think that they can go through sand, gravel and mud without a problem... They just forgot the most important factor that is ultimately linked with snowy conditions: ICE !!!

RWD, FWD, AWD, 4WD it don't really matter; good grip is the key and most important of all: just leave that brake pedal alone as much as possible !!!

Good luck to ya'all and take some time to play in the snow ! Stay safe. :D

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We're getting the snow now here. 6 inches and counting.....going all day into tomorrow on this storm. Not too terrible for us...but enough to be a PIA

204SignGuy

Assistant to the Regional Manager
That's a regular Tuesday for me this time of year. Must be nice for that to be a surprise occasion. We were at -50F (-46C) this weekend.

Medina Signs

Old Member
Additional 3-4 inches last night, on top of snow from this weekend. Can you guys up north come down here and take your weather back? You can't see what is grass, sidewalk or street anymore... it's just all white.

View attachment 152139
Greetings from the snowy north - I get a kick out of watching 4x4's speeding down ice covered roads - they seem to forget that their brakes work just like 2w drives. Sorry you're going through that down there.

Stacey K

I like making signs
That's a regular Tuesday for me this time of year. Must be nice for that to be a surprise occasion. We were at -50F (-46C) this weekend.
OMG, I just saw your tag line...Assistant to the Regional Manager. I'm laughing so hard! That is awesome, I wish I had thought to do that!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Starting to thaw out around here thankfully. I work in East Texas and they are still having major problems so I'm home another day. Think Ted Cruz was on the right track but you know it's bad when Texans are fleeing across the border.