• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Google Wave, anyone interested in an invitation?

Doyle

So I got invited to Google Wave, but still have no idea how I might use it. It seems interesting and all, but I still don't fully understand what it is capable of. Also, interface seems kind of laggy and awkward, but I am sure it will improve.

Right now the only way anyone can try it out is through an invitation. I received an invitation yesterday and got 8 more invitations to give away, I have 2 left if any S101'ers want one.

The first two people to contact me will get them (I need an email address to send it to), you can email me at doyle [at] artfxsign .com . The invitations don't get delivered immediately, it states that it will sometimes take a while for it to arrive, but the other invites I sent were delivered within a couple hours.

If you are as clueless as I was as to what Google Wave is, check out wave.google.com . Google says that this is the transformation of e-mail as we know it.

Attachments

• googlewave.jpg
    googlewave.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 197

iSign

Doyle,
thanks for starting this thread.
I got invited a month ago, set up my account & put a shortcut on my favorites bar... but i've not been inspired to explore it further until your thread.

So, I went into my account & now see that the guy who sent me the invite, also sent me a message, which has just sat there ignored for a month... and i also discovered that I have also been given 8 more invitations to share.

So, I think your thread is great, because we can learn this stuff together by sending some multi-user waves among other signs101'rs...

So, I started one to send you, and then possibly include others here, as this thread reveals more users, and creates more users...

BUT... I have no clue how to send you a wave. I wrote a brief opening comment & thought I would use your email address, but I guess I need to know the right way.

Can you tell me ? (& anyone else reading this)

doyle.jpg

http://www.signs101.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=4009

cgsigns_jamie

Doug,

I think you have to use their "wave address" to start waves. To find your wave address click on your picture on the contacts menu.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-11-28 at 2.59.02 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-28 at 2.59.02 PM.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 108

Doyle

Doug, when I signed up with my e-mail address, it assigned a DIFFERENT google wave address (makes no sense to me) so if you send it to drogers49128 [at] googlewave.com it will work

If you double click on your little picture in the contacts window it will display your address. This address that was assigned to me is weird because it is something that I did not create, but is my initial/last name and my home zip code. Really wish I could have picked my own address.

Doyle

I started a signs101 wave, just need addresses to add people to it, I will also make it public so anyone can join

cgsigns_jamie

I thought it would have Doyle.

I had to click on your "photo" from the "Signs101 Wave" and add you to my contacts.

This seems to be a very powerful tool. I'm going to be setting up accounts for our PM's to help us keep all the notes regrading different jobs in one place. I can see having a Wave for each job.

iSign

wow... the wave is freakin' cool!!

anyone else want an invite, I have 7 now (I want to send one to Fred)