Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Wave, anyone interested in an invitation?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Doyle, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    So I got invited to Google Wave, but still have no idea how I might use it. It seems interesting and all, but I still don't fully understand what it is capable of. Also, interface seems kind of laggy and awkward, but I am sure it will improve.

Right now the only way anyone can try it out is through an invitation. I received an invitation yesterday and got 8 more invitations to give away, I have 2 left if any S101'ers want one.

The first two people to contact me will get them (I need an email address to send it to), you can email me at doyle [at] artfxsign .com . The invitations don't get delivered immediately, it states that it will sometimes take a while for it to arrive, but the other invites I sent were delivered within a couple hours.

If you are as clueless as I was as to what Google Wave is, check out wave.google.com . Google says that this is the transformation of e-mail as we know it.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    yup. I'll take one. I watched the video weeks ago, and it looks very interesting.

3. BrianKE

BrianKE Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    I will take the other brian [at] plussignsonline.com

Thanks

4. D2S

D2S Active Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Massachusetts
    if you guys get any can you send one my way? adam at designstosigns dot com

5. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

I have 3 left as well. PM me your email and I'll send one to ya.

6. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Doyle,
    thanks for starting this thread.
    I got invited a month ago, set up my account & put a shortcut on my favorites bar... but i've not been inspired to explore it further until your thread.

So, I went into my account & now see that the guy who sent me the invite, also sent me a message, which has just sat there ignored for a month... and i also discovered that I have also been given 8 more invitations to share.

So, I think your thread is great, because we can learn this stuff together by sending some multi-user waves among other signs101'rs...

So, I started one to send you, and then possibly include others here, as this thread reveals more users, and creates more users...

BUT... I have no clue how to send you a wave. I wrote a brief opening comment & thought I would use your email address, but I guess I need to know the right way.

Can you tell me ? (& anyone else reading this)

[​IMG]

http://www.signs101.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=4009

7. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    I think this thing will be the next big thing as long as people utilize it. In the video, they stated "if email were invented today, this is what we think it would be like"

If you've got some time, it's worth the watch:
    http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html#video

8. cgsigns_jamie

Doug,

I think you have to use their "wave address" to start waves. To find your wave address click on your picture on the contacts menu.

Attached Files:

9. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Doug, when I signed up with my e-mail address, it assigned a DIFFERENT google wave address (makes no sense to me) so if you send it to drogers49128 [at] googlewave.com it will work

If you double click on your little picture in the contacts window it will display your address. This address that was assigned to me is weird because it is something that I did not create, but is my initial/last name and my home zip code. Really wish I could have picked my own address.

10. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    Jamie, I added you to my contacts, does it automatically add me to yours?

11. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    I started a signs101 wave, just need addresses to add people to it, I will also make it public so anyone can join

12. cgsigns_jamie

I thought it would have Doyle.

I had to click on your "photo" from the "Signs101 Wave" and add you to my contacts.

This seems to be a very powerful tool. I'm going to be setting up accounts for our PM's to help us keep all the notes regrading different jobs in one place. I can see having a Wave for each job.

13. cgsigns_jamie

14. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    thanks Doyle, and jamie!

Mine is:
    islandsign at googlewave.com

15. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    wow... the wave is freakin' cool!!

anyone else want an invite, I have 7 now (I want to send one to Fred)

16. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    send one to me . . .

17. legacyborn

legacyborn Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Winters, CA
    If there are any left floating around, I would love to have one. Been trying to get one for weeks!

18. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    rep, legacy and ddarlak... invites sent!

19. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
  20. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Yea Doug send me one!