• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got a heat press for free

bigben

Ok, a friend of mine want to give me his heat press and I want to know if I should take it, sell it or put it in the garbage.

It seems an old model: National screen printing equipment. Model number GM-1620

What can you tell me about this? What I will be able to do with it? Good or not? I did not find anything on the web about this equipment...

Thanks

Ben

Sticky Signs

Free is a pretty good price. See if you can haggle with him to get the price down some more!
I'd take it as long as it works. Great for making shirts for you or your staff or just for fun. Might even be able to sell some to certain clients.

Drip Dry

Maybe you could sell it to a Nathans Hot Dog franchise.
That's how they heated my last hot dog.

Better yet, maybe you could get your own franchise as a sideline....you already have half the equipment

OldPaint

Maybe you could sell it to a Nathans Hot Dog franchise.
That's how they heated my last hot dog.

Better yet, maybe you could get your own franchise as a sideline....you already have half the equipment
silly boy, dont use a heat press for hot dogs...........YOU MAKE CUBAN SANDWICHES))))))))))))

binki

National Screen presses are good. Free is good.

You can cut apparel vinyl and press it on shirts. You can buy plastisol transfers and press them on shirts. One offs go for $15-$25.

bigben

But does anyone know this compagny? What would be the difference with newer models? What price would you sell it? I've saw that 16X20 press are sold around 1000$ and 1500$ news.

spur

But does anyone know this compagny? What would be the difference with newer models? What price would you sell it? I've saw that 16X20 press are sold around 1000$ and 1500$ news.

Nationals were very popular in the 70's and 80's and are basically a rebranded HIX product.

As far as comparing them to new models (Geo. Knight, Stahls, HIX, etc.), the only difference will be features and ease of use.

If you take it and are planning to use it, get some heat strips to make sure it has consistent heat throughout the platen. Also, pop it open and give the wiring and connectors a visual inspection to make sure nothing is loose, broken, or burned.

PromoGuyTy

Nationals were very popular in the 70's and 80's and are basically a rebranded HIX product.

As far as comparing them to new models (Geo. Knight, Stahls, HIX, etc.), the only difference will be features and ease of use.

If you take it and are planning to use it, get some heat strips to make sure it has consistent heat throughout the platen. Also, pop it open and give the wiring and connectors a visual inspection to make sure nothing is loose, broken, or burned.

+1

iSign

mine is a National... purple color, rock solid... never let me down... bought it used for around $100... third time i got, or let go of one around that price...

take it if you need it... let someone else take it if you don't...

take it to profit on it if you want, but just make a quick Franklin or 2... don't go gettin' crazy