• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GOT DUPED, almost screwed, NEED HELP IN MPLS

toucan_graphics

Please contact me if you're willing to help an old dog start a sunset business. I am not looking for something for nothing. An honest mentor with honor would be a true gift.

A sunset business? Are you looking to sell sunsets? or have you found a way to manufacture them? Because it might be hard to sell one when we can experience one for free every 24 hours or so.

I think I can help..... See below:

old-dog-sunset.jpg

Or you can update your post with a bit more of what you are looking for. We are all here to help but you can't ask a cryptic question and never respond to those who might be willing to help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely not...it drives me nuts too. Just like that maroon that came on here bashing Roland and his lemon printer then disappeared back into the whole he crawled out off. EVEN after someone from Roland came on here an offered to help.

I think people that have single digit post counts should be stripped of their privilege to start threads.

(all they would have to do is throw in 10 "welcome from pa..................................." posts to pass their initiation... :ROFLMAO:)

What do you think Fred? :Big Laugh

Please review post #8. :thankyou:
Ya know, if one took my Welcome to... posts out, I'd have about 38 posts total. :Sleeping:

So, now everyone's upset about people coming here, taking and not putting back ?? I guess it's just the name of the game. We've lowered the bar so low for entry-level into this industry and now we all have to deal with it. Ha..... life's a b!tch and then ya hafta deal with it. Y'all wanted to make life easier. Think about it.... and carefully....... if you took computers, digitizing tablets, scanners, software, printers, CNC machines and whatnot out of the picture..... how many of ya would really be in this industry ?? Not making fun of anyone or anybody, just asking an honest question.

AceSignsOnline

if you took computers, digitizing tablets, scanners, software, printers, CNC machines and whatnot out of the picture..... how many of ya would really be in this industry ?? Not making fun of anyone or anybody, just asking an honest question.

Not likely that I would be. While I appreciate the "wall dogs" and true artisans of previous generations, technological advancements of my generation have taken the sign industry to heights that it never would have seen otherwise. Thank god, because I am certainly not a "true artisan".

toucan_graphics

if you took computers, digitizing tablets, scanners, software, printers, CNC machines and whatnot out of the picture..... how many of ya would really be in this industry ??

Honestly, I would probably still be doing it. Just instead of a laptop and vinyl cutter I would have an overhead projector and some paint, brushes and maybe an airbrush kit.

I don't do this for the money... I do it because I love making signs and designing. But then again, I don't think anyone here does it for the money - I don't think anyone here has or expects to get rich from making signs.

Techman

taken the sign industry to heights that it never would have seen otherwise.

New heights? In what area? You mean these areas?
There are more underpaid over burdened with debt people in the biz now than ever before. More doing lower quality, poorly designed, more ripped off art and software. And more with no business training, no business plans and no marketing skills whatsoever. Just look at how many posts there ware concerning pricing, low ballers, whores, and general sour grape complaints over how the other guy took a job from someone.

phototec

New heights? In what area? You mean these areas?
There are more underpaid over burdened with debt people in the biz now than ever before. More doing lower quality, poorly designed, more ripped off art and software. And more with no business training, no business plans and no marketing skills whatsoever. Just look at how many posts there ware concerning pricing, low ballers, whores, and general sour grape complaints over how the other guy took a job from someone.

Amen,

Techman hot the nail on the head!

Vinylman

AND...

Thanks to the two "Professionals" who posted immediately above me, we see the same spelling and grammatical errors that us Ol' timey hand lettering experts have been B!TCHING about since man learned how to scratch on a rock with another instrument!! :banghead:

MERRY CHRISTmAS! [sorry couldn't find my brush script]:Big Laugh