• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got to love customers

Jillbeans

I wish I had $5 for every tire kicker who did not show up when they said they would, $10 for every customer who says they are in a hurry for a sign and leave it sit for a week after I notify them it's ready, $20 for every time I've shown up on time to meet someone to discuss their sign and they did not show, $50 for the times they do show up as planned to pick up their sign but conveniently forget their checkbook, and $100 for every minute I've wasted on just plain waiting...and waiting...
When they call 5 times wanting prices and advice and you spend time working out a bid for them and they never call back, then you drive past their business and you see what crap they've settled for.
I mean I know you have to make calls to get results, and you have to be courteous and such, basically schmooze and court the customer etc.
But sometimes I really wonder if it's all worth it when they are mostly just looking for something cheap and ugly.
Love....Jill

Fatboy

I wish I had $5 for every tire kicker who did not show up when they said they would, $10 for every customer who says they are in a hurry for a sign and leave it sit for a week after I notify them it's ready, $20 for every time I've shown up on time to meet someone to discuss their sign and they did not show, $50 for the times they do show up as planned to pick up their sign but conveniently forget their checkbook, and $100 for every minute I've wasted on just plain waiting...and waiting...
When they call 5 times wanting prices and advice and you spend time working out a bid for them and they never call back, then you drive past their business and you see what crap they've settled for.
I mean I know you have to make calls to get results, and you have to be courteous and such, basically schmooze and court the customer etc.
But sometimes I really wonder if it's all worth it when they are mostly just looking for something cheap and ugly.
Love....Jill

Agree Jill. Not worth the time. Enough business out there!

John Butto

total:

Love....Jill
If each thing happened to you once and you got your wish, you would have made $185.00. (had four kids and when I see a word problem, have to do the math)

Jillbeans

The first thing has happened at least 300 times in 28 years, the second about 200 times, the third about 20 times, the fourth about 50 times, and the last thing ad infinitum.

John Butto

Tire kickers /300 times in 28 years at $5 is $53.57 a year and for 28 years, $1,499.96.
To bad you did not have a big jar to put that money in over the years.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Break your own rules and get a 'NO'-show...... too bad. Get over it and move on. It's called life and here..... it's called business.

Anyway, what are you doing on the computer if you're with your kid 24/7 over the weekend ??

Next time, dress him up real warm and take him with ya. If he's a lil' tot and needs to be in a playpen..... set one up. If he's old enough to get into trouble, supervise him and put him to work.

Gotta learn to delegate.

jhd

a little humor for a Monday morning just walked through the door. She was looking for signs to keep people from parking in front of her house in the public road. I told her I could help her, but I think she would need to seek legal advice before moving forward due to it being a public road. As she got up to leave, she felt the need to rearrange my stools in front of my desk, so that they all faced the same way....I'm a touch anal to an extent, but this lady may be pushing it to new levels - as she stepped out the door, she asked if I was hiring.....oh man.

tsgstl

Break your own rules and get a 'NO'-show...... too bad. Get over it and move on. It's called life and here..... it's called business.

Anyway, what are you doing on the computer if you're with your kid 24/7 over the weekend ??

Next time, dress him up real warm and take him with ya. If he's a lil' tot and needs to be in a playpen..... set one up. If he's old enough to get into trouble, supervise him and put him to work.

Gotta learn to delegate.

I said I "try" and not work on the weekend, never said it was a rule. I'm a little over a month shy of my 11th year, I have worked many of weekends. And I think you misunderstood me I wasn't looking for advice or even sympathy. This is just one of those scenarios that many of us I'm sure have had and I was just sharing it.
I'm happily married and there was no issue with her watching him. Me and him usually scoot out of the house Sat morning for breakfast and shopping at Bass pro or something to look at the fish so my wife can clean the house.
He is almost 4 and him being here when I am with a client is disrespectful to the client. We have a old player piano and to many things on wheels that he loves to scoot across the shop.

edit, I was on my phone replying not my computer but thanks for the advice?

ChicagoGraphics

That just happened to me last Thursday night, customer said he would be here at 8pm we close at 6, So I waited around 8 comes and goes without a phone call BS i sent them an invoice for 2 hours of wasted time. That's what they get for not even giving a simple call saying they couldn't make it.

You do that to them and you never hear the end of it!

TheSnowman

Nothing infuriates me more than people that can't show up on time, or at least tell me ahead of time (or even at the time) if they are late. I've never once in my life not contacted the person if I was running late, and it's generally very uncommon for me to be late in the first place. I have no idea and can't wrap my head around pre-planning something with someone, and people having to be late.

My favorite excuse is "the kids". Guess what, I've got two, and we are always on time wherever we go, you maybe just need to plan a little better.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Being on time is a mater of respect.
No shows, no communication and just always running late, is an indication that they are So much more important then the other person.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I said I "try" and not work on the weekend, never said it was a rule. I'm a little over a month shy of my 11th year, I have worked many of weekends. And I think you misunderstood me I wasn't looking for advice or even sympathy. This is just one of those scenarios that many of us I'm sure have had and I was just sharing it.
I'm happily married and there was no issue with her watching him. Me and him usually scoot out of the house Sat morning for breakfast and shopping at Bass pro or something to look at the fish so my wife can clean the house.
He is almost 4 and him being here when I am with a client is disrespectful to the client. We have a old player piano and to many things on wheels that he loves to scoot across the shop.

edit, I was on my phone replying not my computer but thanks for the advice?

Sorry you took it all the wrong way. It was all being said.... matter-of-factually. No need to get bent outta shape. :toasting:

ThinkRight

If I am not twenty minutes early for whatever it is, I am late.
It kills my wife :ROFLMAO:
She is the type that waits till the last minute for everything and 10 minutes late is fine with her.(and normal)