• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got to make a choice Graphtec or Roland

Boogyman

Hi everybody,

I have to make a choice between,

Graphtec CE 3000-60 24" or Roland GX-24

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!

signage

If you are looking at Graphtec make sure it's the MK2 it is their newest one and has optical registration feature.

Pro Image

Ive had both and both are good entry level machines........You can't go wrong with either.....................I have a CE-1000 that has cut a million feet of vinyl(I dont know if it did but it sure has seemed like it has)and never had 1 problem...

Derf

I have had 2 Roland cutters and there both dead! Bad main board....

I have 2 Graphtec cutters and there both still going strong. the one Graphtec (FC-2100-60) is 10 years old. The CE-3000 kind of sucks in contrast to the FC line of cutters

Jackpine

I agree with Pro Signs & Graphix.....I use a CE3000Mk2now and have had 2 Rolands....a PNC1000 and a GX-24.SSK has a deal on these two....buy Flexi Expert and get the cutter free.....or upgrade Flexi and get the cutter free.

k.a.s.

I've never had a Roland but my Graphtec is almost 10yrs old and still going strong.

Kevin

WVB

Roland just released the new Pro series with OPOS ! ! ! That has been long over due.

kalvix

I just got the 3000-120 mk2 and it is fabuluous. I love it. Right out of Illustrator, cutting, contour cutting no need to go through third party software like flexi.

Boogyman

Price check on the Roland GX-24

Hi all,

Just whant to make sure I have a good price.

Roland GX24 + 4 roll of material + 1 hour formation for 1691$ us

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
kalvix said:
I just got the 3000-120 mk2 and it is fabuluous. I love it. Right out of Illustrator, cutting, contour cutting no need to go through third party software like flexi.

You have a curiously skewed notion of 'third party software'. Cutting from Illustrator, Corel, whatever is a stunt and requires third party cobbled up software. There's certain to be howls of outraged protest from afficianados of the various obscure packages that enable cutting from design software never intended to cut vinyl, but that does not make it any less true.

Flexi's raison d'etre is cutting vinyl, even it's rip and print capabilities post dates
and is auxiliary to this.

T.O.3

My Roland CX500 is down for the second time in 3 years with a bad main board. I'm currently in the process of replacing it with a Graphtec FC7000-130.

Jag

I was going to go Roland but It seems alot of you guys like Graphtec. Back to the drawing board

madisonsignguy

My Roland is always flipping out and giving me errors when I start it up. I have to turn it on and off a few time before it decides it wants to work. Also sometimes it will start cutting phantom jobs when I turn it on that I never sent. It just starts cutting lines over and over.

I would go with the graphtec

BETTER YET go with an Ioline I heard those are awesome machines

Flame

I absolutely LOVE my Graphtec (FC7000-100). Awesome machine. I had this like 8 year old Graphtec before I got this one, and that sucker just kept on ticking. No board issues, no problems starting it... seemingly bulletproof.

I'm a Graphtec fan through and through.

GO GRAPHTEC!

2NinerNiner2

bob said:
.... Cutting from Illustrator, Corel, whatever is a stunt and requires third party cobbled up software.

Robert -

I have been cutting directly from Corel for years, no stunts involved, the only cobbled-up software used being the Windows drivers that were supplied by my cutter manufacturer, Roland. :Canada 2: