Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gradient banding

Discussion in 'Roland' started by tmac, May 7, 2007.

1. tmac

tmac Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I Have been trying to print a design that was sent to me as an illustrator 10 file,I am using flexi8 to print on a versacamm and for some reason a small section of the design where there is a gradient is banding when printing.I have adjusted the gradient setting to fine but still banding.Does anyone have any ideas,thanks in advance-Tmac

Tags:
  2. BobbyFosson

BobbyFosson Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Is this only in a portion of the gradient or all of it?

Flexi has an option in the RIP/Print for Smooth Gradients... Might try that.

Also check the EDIT>COLOR SETTINGS... Gradients should be set to Relative Colorimetric

3. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    No. Set the rendering intents to 'Spot Color' for gradients. If you use any other setting you can get some rather creative interpretations of white should your gradient pass through or even close to white.

Use the Smooth Blends drop down on the printer setup's Color Management tab to select 'Enhanced' or 'Super'. Don't use 'Normal' unless you really don't care what you get for a print.