• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient Fill problem

bcpop

I am using Flexi 8.0 v3 and I am having a problem getting the gradients to print correctly. It seems to be after I have made repeats of the design. For instance, I have a design with a gradient fill of pantone 375 green to white. It looks great on the screen but when it prints the fill is yellow to white and then another area with the same fill is yellow to white with a green bar at the top. I have had the problem before and thought it was a printer problem but the tech at signwarehouse had me clear out all my preference settings, turn the computer off, reboot. This fixed the problem but had to go back in and reset all my settings. What is the deal? Can someone explain what is going on? Is there a fix disk to correct this problem? Any input would be appreciated.

BobbyFosson

Update to 8.1v1 and then in the Color Settings, make sure Gradient settings within Rendering Intent are set to Perceptual or Relative Colorimetric. There is also a setting in the RIP to smooth gradients.

BobbyFosson

many little bugs resolved in the 8.1v1... 8.0v3 had a file corruption/loss bug that would randomly corrupt/delete files.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Update to 8.1v1 and then in the Color Settings, make sure Gradient settings within Rendering Intent are set to Perceptual or Relative Colorimetric. There is also a setting in the RIP to smooth gradients.

The rendering intent is not the problem. In fact 'Spot' is a far better choice of rendering intent for gradients than any of the others. Neither does if have to do with any sort of software bug. Unless you want to call poorly engineered software a bug.

It has to do with the algorithm you've chosen for dealing with blends.

You need to select a higher setting for the blend handling. If you use the bottom setting, 'Normal' or something like that, you'll get all manner of weird interpretations of gradients. Especially if they should happen to pass through or to white. Just up the ante to "Enhanced" for blends. It won't make any sort of measurable difference in the time it takes to do anything but your gradients will look like they're supposed to look.

Last edited:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Check your gradient colors. Are both ends spot color?
Have you tried converting them to RGB or CMYK?